Fwd: Music Teacher Costs - $11,000/school

  • c slamon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
      Here is the response from Dr. Harter regarding the costs to save our current
      elementary music program.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
        Hi Tammy and Chris,

        Thanks for raising the question with Dr. Harter.

        What is the difference between Music Prep & Instrumental? I can no longer find our grade level standards on the district website, is one or both a curriculum offering?

        At $11,000 per elementary school, that seems more doable but won't we lose the teachers this year if we can't guarantee the funding right about now? Or do we still have time to fund raise and bring them back at the beginning of next school year?

        Ann

        --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, c slamon <cslamon@...> wrote:

        > Here is the response from Dr. Harter regarding the costs to save our current
        > elementary music program.

      • c slamon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
          Ann,
          I think Music Prep is teachers prep time. Some schools choose different
          items for this, some schools choose PE as teachers prep time, some schools
          choose music etc. Although it has been several years since my child
          attended elementary school and I am not exactly certain. (Maybe one of our
          elementary school teachers could explain this.)

          As to your other question about the teachers and the funding - I don't know
          how this is all going to play out, I will try to find out some more
          information as soon as I can.

          thanks
          chris