Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: 124 teachers will be laid off - vote was 4 -1

    Message 1 of 8 , May 16 12:11 PM
      --People have been outraged, that is why some march 70 miles to Sacramento and had the governator treat the students and adults like they were second class citizens. The problem is that not enough people have joined together and held mass protests against the state of education in California and across the country. The struggle has to start somewhere, we tried to provide a start by focusing on WCCUSD, we knew then as all know now, it was a matter of time before thing became much worst in WCCUSD.

      Scottie Smith

      -------------- Original message from "Ralph Bedwell" <bedwellr@...>: --------------

      The decimation of education has been going on for many years now. People haven't been outraged up so far, so why should they start now? I've been working for this district for about ten years, and it seems like there have been cutbacks -- many times major cutbacks -- in most of those years.

      Ralph