Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Death with dignity?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2009
      How exactly was this effort silenced? Did the principal or some school
      district official intervene? The standard approach by the district to
      something like the Adams situation would be just to ignore people.

      Charley Cowens
      http://www.twitter.com/ccowens

    • Diamel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2009
        Charley,

        A small group of Adam teachers tried to organize an effort to keep their
        school open. They called the union leadership for assistance to rally the
        rank-and-file and community support. There efforts were discouraged by the union
        leadership "not to get involved."

        Instead, the death with dignity scenario was actively promoted.The attitude
        of the principal added to their setback, follow the mandate. In other words
        any fight back was squashed by the leaders that have the power to rally the
        membership and organize for direct action. The defeatist attitude prevailed.
        Consider this the short answer. Save All Schools!

        Diane Brown

        **************New Deals on Dell Netbooks – Now starting at $299 (A
        HREF=http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219939010x1201342897/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fa
        d.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213771626%3B35379597%3Bw)