Fw: Where is the bailout for our teachers?

  • Charles Rachlis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2009
      Date: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 12:21 PM

      Where is the bailout for our teachers?http://www.mercurynews.com/letters/ci_11968444

      Where is the bailout for our teachers?Teachers continue to be denied the respect and credit they deserve. In tough economic times, teachers get their budgets cut, their supplies cut, and many get pink layoff notices. Teachers receiving these pink slips have to go through the mental anguish that comes with the uncertainty of their future. Our teachers don't get bailed out, or get bonuses. They just are expected to continue to use more of their own money to help keep their classes operating at a high-quality level. As Steve Sanfilippo wrote (Letters, March 20), we can give bailout money to failing businesses and give bonuses to their greedy management personnel, but teachers are on their own. Where are our priorities?Ben FactorSanta Clara