Re: [wccusdtalk] E-mail sent to Board re: last night's meeting

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 16, 2009
      --Tammy:

      I wished you could have spoken the words you wrote as well. I was out of town and had thought about writing something up for someone to read for me, like we did in the old days. But I am happy that I did not take the time to do so, particularly in light of the fact that there was no full public participation.

      As I read your email, I thought about when we marched to Sac., and you met us at the church in Pinole with water and food, you had a look on your face that was supportive, yet reserved, in the sense that you knew we had to try something, but questioning if there was another way. Now after many years of struggling to improve education for the next generations, you have come to what I believe is the only thing left, that we must be ready to join with those that call for mass protest. I have written IBM and maybe a few other people have as well, but I do believe we need to have a large protest at IBM's headquarters and refuse to move, until IBM (State & Federal government) tell us that they have not written off our debt. If they have, we should demand that they release this district from payment, if they haven't, we should still demand the same thing, and not move until our demands are addressed. We should also, demand the same thing of the state, while protesting at the IBM headquarters. I am ready to join with those that are organizing and will be ready when the day of protest starts.

      You said it all, in terms of bailouts, but unless people are ready to move to the next step, going before a dsyfunctional board will not help us, the only way it may help a little would be to start our mass protest with a sit-in at the Board meeting when they refused to allow the public to participate. When the public was not allow to fully participate at the last meeting, people should have sit down in front of them and chanted "Free Speech" until they let everyone talk. Thanks for your call to action, and let me know, when and where.

      Scottie Smith

      -------------- Original message from Tammera Campbell <tammeracampbell@...>: --------------

      Since I was denied the right to speak this is what I wanted to say that night and was hoping it would hit the news media to stir up the issue. This is what I