Re: Board members recusing themselves?

  • rogerf85
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 6, 2009
      Apologies for my post below that doesn't make any sense.

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "rogerf85" <rogerf85@...> wrote:

      > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, rcs101@ wrote:
      >
      > [...]
      > >> Furthermore, it was told to me that some E.C. parents have their children writing
      essays
      > for college on their experience as white children going to a school with a large minority
      > population. (good sob stories).<<
      >

      > If this true, ...
      > Just wondering whether some R and S.P. parents have their children writing essays for
      > colleges based on their experience as nonwhite children going to a school with a large
      > nonminority population.
      >
      > Note to SS: Scottie, I'm just playing the other advocate.
      > :)

    • tag1022
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 3, 2009
        Jason,

        Could a group like the Ed Fund facilitate schools in creating site development plans? Site Plans are supposed to work that way, but in reality rarely do. Maybe we should figure out why?

        Schools wanting to find funding could undertake assessment and prioritization of community needs. The facilitating group would relieve the school of the burden of finding funds. It could be a dating service model between schools and funding sources.

        If such a group could consolidate shared needs, we could target larger funding sources like foundations and the Feds. Is this happening already? We could also train volunteers from participating schools in assessment and project proposal development.

        I share your opinion that we are thin in capacity. If we could create some kind of joint task force between PTSA's, SSC's, Ed Fund and the district dedicated to fund raising for site-based initiatives, we might have better leverage of effort.

        Todd Groves