Re: February 2, 4 and 11 2009 Board of Education Meetings - School Closure Meetings

  • esbrooking
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
      I'm new to the group, but this caught my eye. There are scheduled
      marches to the School Board meetings on February 4 and February 11--
      The protest marches were to start at the library (Feb 4) and the
      auditorium (Feb. 11).

      Now that the venue has changed, heads-up for a quick turnaround to
      change the march route.

      Has anyone heard of how we're going to handle this change (ostensibly
      due to the lack of cable-ability in Richmond)?

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Wasilchin" <mwasilchin@...>
      wrote:

      > Good afternoon to all.
      >

      > I had not seen this posted as of yet so I wanted to make sure everyone
      > knew the upcoming schedule.
      >

      > On February 2, 2009, from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., there will be a special
      > workshop meeting with limited public comment held at DeJean.
      >

      > On February 4, 2009, the Board of Education meeting has been moved from
      > DeJean to Pinole Valley High Cafeteria so it can be televised. It will
      > be at the same time and with the same agenda.
      >

      > As for the February 11, 2009 meeting, the Superintendent's office has
      > represented that this meeting will probably be moved as well.
      >

      > Have a great weekend!
      >

      > Michael Wasilchin
      >
      > Business Agent
      >
      > Public Employees Union, Local One
      >
      > 4197 Lakeside Dr., Suite # 170
      >
      > Richmond, CA 94806
      >
      > Telephone # - (510) 222 - 5012
      >
      > Fax # - (510) 222 - 8858

    • Charles Rachlis
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
        Attached find the leaflet for the new march starting place for February 4th.. We will meet at the Pinole Valley Shopping Center at 5 pm. and March to the Meeting about 3/4 mile away. Some one will be posted at the Richmond site to direct people to Pinole. If you can make and distribute leaflets the attached leaflet should have all necessary information.

        Charles Rachlis for WCCCQE