Re: [wccusdtalk] problems posting

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008

      You said it well and I agree.

      Happy New Year.

      Scottie Smith

      -------------- Original message from Cathy Travlos <cbt@...>: --------------

      Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      For the newbies around here, this group was formed so that parents, no
      matter what their opinions, would have a place to ask questions, share
      ideas, and work together to try to advocate for our kids. The key
      foundation is what Kevin mentioned below - respect. Kevin and I
      certainly have disagreed, sometimes quite vehemently, on issues but
      we've managed to have a civil conversation online here and have each
      learned from the other. The same goes for Scottie. And although we
      sometimes disagree on issues we agree on many, many more and we're all
      here because we care about the kids sitting in the classroom. We respect
      each other, we even like each other, and we'd defend the others' rights
      to speak out, even when we're personally convinced they're wrong.

      As we head into really difficult times in education in general and as
      the board makes decisions in this district that have already inspired
      heated discussions, I hope this forum can continue to provide parents
      with a place to share openly and honestly and respectfully.

      Happy Holidays to all of you,