Re: Charles Ramsey loses it again?

  • Ralph Bedwell
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 15, 2008
      To what character is Mr. Ramsey being assigned, Mel?

      --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Diamel@... wrote:

      > Mr Bedwell, for me this "Charles Ramsey loses it again" is true
      character assignation. If you feel that Mr. Ramsey is a poor role
      model for our young people, which he is not, you better keep them from
      visiting Congress at the state capitol in Sacramento or Washington DC
      where I am today.
      > In regards to the meeting at DeJean , have you thought to contact
      and ask the lady in brown from San Pablo would she like to share with
      you what was really going on? We can't continue to assume that all
      this went on because she spoke in favor of the issue.
      > Being a diversity trainer, I am aware that assumptions are based
      on?a lack of information.?I feel that Mr. Ramsey is still on the board
      because WCCUSD voters continue to trust his vision for our
      district.?Mr. Bedwell, have you taken the?time to talk to Mr. Ramsey
      in regards to your issues?

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 15, 2008
        Rather than making any statements that some will say are coming from a naysayer I will refer you to an article in the East Bay Express.

        Kevin

        Printed from the East Bay Express Web site:http://www.eastbayexpress.com/news/the_black__candidate/Content?oid=283230

        To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.comFrom: bedwellr@...: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 02:07:06 +0000Subject: [wccusdtalk] Re: Charles Ramsey loses it again?

        What was he arrested for? Was he convicted?--- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn R. Bailey" <lbailey143@...>wrote:>> Thanks for you kind words. Yes I'm very aware of his arrest inOakland by > an undercover policewoman some years ago and how he said at thattime that > he wouldn't resign because it would "set a bad example for thestudents". > There are many stories to be told and my team has had a hard timefinding > any that are positive. All we've been able to find are the spinsthat are > being created at every opportunity by his political fixers with bigmoney > and/or by the board president who seems to be one of his strongest > apologists.> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Kevin Rivard" <kfrivard@...>> To: <wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com>> Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 5:43 AM> Subject: RE: [wccusdtalk] Re: Charles Ramsey loses it again?> > > > Lynn,> > Thank you for responding as you did.> > I would have said the same things, but coming from someone like me,it would > have been seen as just more hate speech or character assassinationcoming > from a person who is generally negative about the leadership of this > district.> > My daughter stood before the Board when she was about 12 years old(she is > now 26) and asked Mr. Ramsey for an explanation and an apology for his > behavior in Oakland the night he was arrested for his actions manyyears > ago.> > I asked the School Board to censor Mr. Ramsey's behavior. Not one Board > member back then had the strength of character to even ask Mr.Ramsey for an > apology to the children and parents of the district and I believethat laid > the foundation for Mr. Ramsey to believe, as has turned out to betrue, that > he could do anything he wants and not be held accountable by the School > Board.> > So it does not surprise me that he continues to misbehave, as any child > does, when not properly restrained or reprimanded. The one thingthat might > eventually restrain Mr. Ramsey is when he steps over the line and he > physically assaults someone and that person brings criminal or civilcharges > against him where it will be hard for him to be protected by hisminions.> > Kevin> > > > > To: wccusdtalk@...: lbailey143@...: Sat, 5 Jul > 2008 23:15:09 -0700Subject: Re: [wccusdtalk] Re: Charles Ramseyloses it > again?> > > > > Before worrying about whether or not someone is attacking Mr. Ramsey's > character unjustly, I would invite anyone to do a simple newsarchive search > to discover the number of times over the past five years or morethat Mr. > Ramsey has been involved with physical and/or verbal intimidation ofmembers > of the public and even district staff members. I would furthersuggest that > Mr. Ramsey remains on the board primarily because with a war chestof more > than $132,000, 99% of which came from big money contributors relatedto the > construction trades, he squeaked out a very narrow 66 vote margin ofvictory > to finish third in 2006 vote counts. He came in far behind AudreyMiles who > ran her campaign with only $2,900 and her good character. She hadabsolutely > no big money construction business backing. When rushing to someone's > defense it's a good thing to take a moment to check the underlyingfacts. I > would agree, however, that it would not be a good thing to see manymembers > of the state and federal government serve as school board members.I'd hate > to see our standards for district trustees lowered to that whichappears to > prevail in state and federal politics. I would hope that service onlocal > school boards would be a little more motivated by altruism andconcern for > the welfare of children. In the converse, perhaps it would be a verygood > thing for more of our students to observe the antics of state andfederal > officials more closely and thereby grow up to demand a higherstandard of > ethics and leadership than we tend to see on average in the current > crop.----- Original Message ----- From: Diamel@... To: > wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:03PMSubject: Re: > [wccusdtalk] Re: Charles Ramsey loses it again?Mr Bedwell, for me this > "Charles Ramsey loses it again" is true character assignation. Ifyou feel > that Mr. Ramsey is a poor role model for our young people, which heis not, > you better keep them from visiting Congress at the state capitol in > Sacramento or Washington DC where I am today.In regards to themeeting at > DeJean , have you thought to contact and ask the lady in brown from San > Pablo would she like to share with you what was really going on? Wecan't > continue to assume that all this went on because she spoke in favorof the > issue. Being a diversity trainer, I am aware that assumptions arebased on?a > lack of information.?I feel that Mr. Ramsey is still on the boardbecause > WCCUSD voters continue to trust his vision for our district.?Mr.Bedwell, > have you taken the?time to talk to Mr. Ramsey in regards to yourissues?Mel > Collins-----Original Message-----From: Ralph Bedwell <bedwellr@...>To: > wccusdtalk@...: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 2:57 pmSubject: [wccusdtalk] > Re: Charles Ramsey loses it again?Ramsey has been involved in SO many > incidents like this. Once or twicemight be a fluke, but it sureseems to an > outside observer that thereis a clear, long-term pattern of behaviorhere. > Obviously, this isVERY poor modeling for the young people that thoseof us > in thetrenches are trying so hard to keep on the right track (a track > thatdoes NOT include behavior of the type that Ramsey has repeatedly > beeninvolved with). Why is he still on our school board?--- In > wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn R. Bailey" <lbailey143@>wrote:>> I > didn't see it, but it's so true to character. I think it'sworthemailing Kim > Wetzel to ask her if she saw it. It must have happenedjust a fewfeet from > where she was sitting.> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: > reducingandreusing > To: wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com > Sent:Wednesday, July > 02, 2008 8:12 PM> Subject: [wccusdtalk] Charles Ramsey loses itagain?> > > > At tonight's meeting at DeJean, did anyone else see CharlesRamseywalk > > across the room, shake his finger in the face of the woman in brown> from > San Pablo and yell "you betrayed me!"? All she did to elicitthat >was to > speak at the podium to the county board of educationsupporting >placing > ward elections on the ballot. Was there some quid pro quo she >violated? > She looked stunned, with good reason: his demeaner was >intimidating. > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>[Non-text > portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this > message have been removed]> > > > > > __________________________________________________________> The i'm Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world?> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_ChangeWorld> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]> > > ------------------------------------> > Yahoo! Groups Links>

      • Linda
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
          How much school board candidates spent in 2006 per vote:

          http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php
          Madeline Kronenberg $75,314 --- 20,632 votes = $3.65 per vote
          Marguerite Meade $2,876 --- 10,163 votes = $0.28 per vote
          Antonio Medrano $12,187 --- 16,943 votes = $0.72 per vote
          Audrey Miles $2,921 --- 20,045 votes = $0.15 per
          vote
          Charles Ramsey * $132,600 --- 17,009 votes = $7.80 per vote

          Incomplete data to figure out how much each vote cost them, I'd
          guesstimate a bargain price of under 10¢ per vote:
          Robert W. Brower <$1,000 --- 9,606 votes = < 10¢ ?
          Martin Gottlieb <$1,000 --- 5,639 votes = < 10¢ ?
          Anton Jungherr <$1,000 --- 8,747 votes = < 10¢ ?

          --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Bedwell" <bedwellr@...> wrote:

          > To what character is Mr. Ramsey being assigned, Mel?
          >
          > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Diamel@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Mr Bedwell, for me this "Charles Ramsey loses it again" is true
          > character assignation. If you feel that Mr. Ramsey is a poor role
          > model for our young people, which he is not, you better keep them from
          > visiting Congress at the state capitol in Sacramento or Washington DC
          > where I am today.
          > > In regards to the meeting at DeJean , have you thought to contact
          > and ask the lady in brown from San Pablo would she like to share with
          > you what was really going on? We can't continue to assume that all
          > this went on because she spoke in favor of the issue.
          > > Being a diversity trainer, I am aware that assumptions are based
          > on?a lack of information.?I feel that Mr. Ramsey is still on the board
          > because WCCUSD voters continue to trust his vision for our
          > district.?Mr. Bedwell, have you taken the?time to talk to Mr. Ramsey
          > in regards to your issues?
          > >
          > > Mel Collins

        • Lynn R. Bailey
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
            Pfeifer's votes in 2004 cost around $1.05 to $1.10 per vote, 87% paid by big money lobbyists. Kronenberg's and Ramsey's votes in 2006 were 99% paid by big money interests.

            How much school board candidates spent in 2006 per vote:

            http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php
            Madeline Kronenberg $75,314 --- 20,632 votes = $3.65 per vote
            Marguerite Meade $2,876 --- 10,163 votes = $0.28 per vote
            Antonio Medrano $12,187 --- 16,943 votes = $0.72 per vote
            Audrey Miles $2,921 --- 20,045 votes = $0.15 per
            vote
            Charles Ramsey * $132,600 --- 17,009 votes = $7.80 per vote

            Incomplete data to figure out how much each vote cost them, I'd
            guesstimate a bargain price of under 10¢ per vote:
            Robert W. Brower <$1,000 --- 9,606 votes = < 10¢ ?
            Martin Gottlieb <$1,000 --- 5,639 votes = < 10¢ ?
            Anton Jungherr <$1,000 --- 8,747 votes = < 10¢ ?

            --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Bedwell" <bedwellr@...> wrote:

            > To what character is Mr. Ramsey being assigned, Mel?
            >
            > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Diamel@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Mr Bedwell, for me this "Charles Ramsey loses it again" is true
            > character assignation. If you feel that Mr. Ramsey is a poor role
            > model for our young people, which he is not, you better keep them from
            > visiting Congress at the state capitol in Sacramento or Washington DC
            > where I am today.
            > > In regards to the meeting at DeJean , have you thought to contact
            > and ask the lady in brown from San Pablo would she like to share with
            > you what was really going on? We can't continue to assume that all
            > this went on because she spoke in favor of the issue.
            > > Being a diversity trainer, I am aware that assumptions are based
            > on?a lack of information.?I feel that Mr. Ramsey is still on the board
            > because WCCUSD voters continue to trust his vision for our
            > district.?Mr. Bedwell, have you taken the?time to talk to Mr. Ramsey
            > in regards to your issues?
            > >
            > > Mel Collins

          • Ralph Bedwell
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
              Really? Like who?

              wrote:

              > Pfeifer's votes in 2004 cost around $1.05 to $1.10 per vote, 87%
              paid by big money lobbyists. Kronenberg's and Ramsey's votes in 2006
              were 99% paid by big money interests.

            • Lynn R. Bailey
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                A few examples for Pfeifer:

                Powell & Partners -- $5,000

                Don Todd Associates -- $5,000

                Independent PAC Local 188 (Darrell Reese) -- $4,000 -- This organization was investigated by the F.B.I. and the F.P.P.C.

                The Seville Group -- $3,000

                Arthur Tam Associates -- $2,000

                I.B.E.W Martinez -- $1,000

                Specific examples for Kronenberg and Ramsey are readily available at the web site mentioned below: http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php

                > Pfeifer's votes in 2004 cost around $1.05 to $1.10 per vote, 87%
                paid by big money lobbyists. Kronenberg's and Ramsey's votes in 2006
                were 99% paid by big money interests.

              • Ralph Bedwell
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                  Ah, I see, thanks. Very interesting. Mr. Ramsey sure is popular with
                  the building trades unions. Why is that?

                  wrote:

                  > A few examples for Pfeifer:
                  >
                  > Powell & Partners -- $5,000
                  >
                  > Don Todd Associates -- $5,000
                  >
                  > Independent PAC Local 188 (Darrell Reese) -- $4,000 -- This
                  organization was investigated by the F.B.I. and the F.P.P.C.

                  > The Seville Group -- $3,000
                  >
                  > Arthur Tam Associates -- $2,000
                  >
                  > I.B.E.W Martinez -- $1,000
                  >
                  > Specific examples for Kronenberg and Ramsey are readily available at
                  the web site mentioned below:
                  http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php

                • Linda
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                    How about $20,000 Kronenberg in 2006 from the Seville Group, our
                    Construction Management company for our Bond? That seems like it
                    could be viewed as a conflict of interest.

                    Madeline Kronenburg 2006 Campaign Contributions for School Board
                    9/25/06---------$20,000
                    The Seville Group (Construction Management)--Pasadena, CA

                    Kronenberg Contributors 2006
                    <http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php>
                    Davillier-Sloan, Inc. -- Oakland, CA $2,500 Contruction Management
                    H & M Mechanical Group -- Oakland, CA $1,000 Engineering
                    IBEW Local No. 32 -- Martinez, CA $1,000 Electrical
                    Alliance Engineering Consultants, Inc. -- Santa Clara, CA $1,000
                    Engineering
                    Sheetmetal Workers Local Union 104 Political Committee -- San
                    Ramon, CA $500 Union
                    Don Gosney (Steamfitters Local 342) -- Richmond, CA $250 Union
                    Kevin A. MacQuarrie (WLC Architects) -- San Rafael, CA $4,800 Architects
                    Robert J. Hensley (WLC Architects)-- Riverside, CA $2,500 Architects
                    Arthur Tam & Associates -- Oakland, CA $3,000 Architects
                    Northern California Carpenters Regional Council -- Oakland, CA $1,000
                    Union
                    WHM, Inc. -- Moraga, CA $500 Engineering
                    Vallier Design Associates, Inc. -- Point Richmond, CA $1,000 Architects
                    Rochelle Lerch (retired) -- Edison, N. J. $100 Private
                    The Seville Group -- Pasadena, CA $20,000 Contruction Management
                    Wallace Boyd Gordon -- San Francisco, CA $10,000 Architects
                    BP & Associates, Inc. -- Irvine, CA $1,500 Engineering
                    W. J. Robinson & Associates, Inc. -- San Francisco, CA $1,000
                    Contruction Management
                    Fred Powell (Powell Partners Architects) -- Oakland, CA $6,000 Architects
                    Royston Hanamoto Alley & Abney Landscape Architects -- Mill
                    Valley, CA $500
                    UESF Engineers, Inc. -- San Francisco, CA $500 Engineering
                    Oakley & Oakley -Architectural Engineering--Oakland, CA $500 Engineering

                    wrote:

                    > A few examples for Pfeifer:
                    >
                    > Powell & Partners -- $5,000
                    >
                    > Don Todd Associates -- $5,000
                    >
                    > Independent PAC Local 188 (Darrell Reese) -- $4,000 -- This
                    organization was investigated by the F.B.I. and the F.P.P.C.

                    > The Seville Group -- $3,000
                    >
                    > Arthur Tam Associates -- $2,000
                    >
                    > I.B.E.W Martinez -- $1,000
                    >
                    > Specific examples for Kronenberg and Ramsey are readily available at
                    the web site mentioned below:
                    http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php

                  • Lynn R. Bailey
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                      For one thing, he was "industry partner of the year" for the National Electrical Contractor's Association for his work in making sure electrical trades were favorably treated in the billion dollar bond program. You can read all about it in their national report for that year.

                      This is a quote from their annual report for 2006:

                      CHARLES RAMSEY TO RECEIVE NATIONAL

                      RECOGNITION

                      Each year, NECA's executive committee reviews nominees for the top awards

                      presented by the Association during the Convention in the fall.

                      The 2006 honoree for the NECA Industry Partner Award is Charles Ramsey.

                      Charles is an Oakland, California, community leader and president of the West

                      Contra Costa Unified School District Board. He is being recognized for his strong

                      role in securing a place for the organized industry in public school construction and

                      for advocating industry-friendly policies statewide, regionally, and nationally. The

                      NECA Industry Partner Award recognizes those organizations or individuals that,

                      though not members of our association, contribute to the electrical contracting industry's success

                      through their decisions, actions, or cooperation with NECA.

                      Charles Ramsey was first elected to the West Contra Costa Unified School Board in 1993 and was reelected

                      in 1997 and 2002. As a school board member, Charles has worked diligently for a district-wide

                      PLA for school construction in Contra Costa County; assisted other California school districts in

                      implementing PLAs; and created a statewide school board member task force to study the use of PLAs

                      for the $50 billion school construction industry.

                      Charles Ramsey has worked tirelessly to promote the union electrical industry locally and we cannot

                      think of anyone more deserving of this honor. Congratulations Charles!

                      wrote:

                      > A few examples for Pfeifer:
                      >
                      > Powell & Partners -- $5,000
                      >
                      > Don Todd Associates -- $5,000
                      >
                      > Independent PAC Local 188 (Darrell Reese) -- $4,000 -- This
                      organization was investigated by the F.B.I. and the F.P.P.C.

                      > The Seville Group -- $3,000
                      >
                      > Arthur Tam Associates -- $2,000
                      >
                      > I.B.E.W Martinez -- $1,000
                      >
                      > Specific examples for Kronenberg and Ramsey are readily available at
                      the web site mentioned below:
                      http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php

                    • Linda
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 28, 2008
                        Yeap, over a $billion reasons!

                        The Bond was first supposed to fix schools with seismic problems. In
                        1999 WCCUSD identified 5 schools with a high probability of collapsing
                        during an earthquake ... Yeap, 2 of them still haven't had any work
                        done on them. And Students and staff will still attend Portola and
                        Adams Middle schools.

                        The School Board establishes “Life, Health and Safety” as the primary
                        criteria for prioritizing and sequencing of projects for the Bond money.

                        December 31, 2007, Measures D, M, and J Midyear Report,
                        by Total School Solutions
                        Life, Health and Safety
                        The 2007 annual report lists a concern expressed by the citizens’
                        bond oversight committee as follows: “In 2002, the Board of Education
                        established ‘Life, Health and Safety’ as the primary criteria for
                        prioritization and sequencing of projects. There is an interest in
                        verifying adherence to those criteria.”
                        The 2002 matrices are provided below. A comparison of these data
                        with the year-by-year expenditures (shown in the expenditure reports
                        for Measures D, M, and J of the 2007 annual report, beginning on page
                        32) demonstrates that the District has not strictly adhered to the
                        original priority list. Deviations have been the result of the Board’s
                        need to provide parity of service to the various communities in the
                        District. The original list was prepared based on physical conditions.
                        Later actions took into account those conditions and the need to
                        provide balance between communities.
                        http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/bond/index.shtml
                        http://www.wccusd.k12.ca.us/construction/pdfs/WCCUSD_Midyear_Report_Final_12-31-07.pdf
                        (see pages 52, 53, 54)
                        (Board Approved Routine Consent June 18, 2008)

                        wrote:

                        > For one thing, he was "industry partner of the year" for the
                        National Electrical Contractor's Association for his work in making
                        sure electrical trades were favorably treated in the billion dollar
                        bond program. You can read all about it in their national report for
                        that year.

                        > This is a quote from their annual report for 2006:
                        >
                        > CHARLES RAMSEY TO RECEIVE NATIONAL
                        >
                        > RECOGNITION
                        >
                        > Each year, NECA's executive committee reviews nominees for the top
                        awards

                        > presented by the Association during the Convention in the fall.
                        >
                        > The 2006 honoree for the NECA Industry Partner Award is Charles Ramsey.
                        >
                        > Charles is an Oakland, California, community leader and president of
                        the West

                        > Contra Costa Unified School District Board. He is being recognized
                        for his strong

                        > role in securing a place for the organized industry in public school
                        construction and

                        > for advocating industry-friendly policies statewide, regionally, and
                        nationally. The

                        > NECA Industry Partner Award recognizes those organizations or
                        individuals that,

                        > though not members of our association, contribute to the electrical
                        contracting industry's success

                        > through their decisions, actions, or cooperation with NECA.
                        >
                        > Charles Ramsey was first elected to the West Contra Costa Unified
                        School Board in 1993 and was reelected

                        > in 1997 and 2002. As a school board member, Charles has worked
                        diligently for a district-wide

                        > PLA for school construction in Contra Costa County; assisted other
                        California school districts in

                        > implementing PLAs; and created a statewide school board member task
                        force to study the use of PLAs

                        > for the $50 billion school construction industry.
                        >
                        > Charles Ramsey has worked tirelessly to promote the union electrical
                        industry locally and we cannot

                        > think of anyone more deserving of this honor. Congratulations Charles!

                      • reducingandreusing
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 29, 2008
                          NECA (National Electrical Contractor's Assoc.) says, "Charles Ramsey
                          has worked tirelessly to promote the union electrical industry
                          locally and we cannot think of anyone more deserving of this honor."

                          So, let me get this straight....our district has high truancy,
                          suspension, and drop out rates. The taxpayers have spent a billion
                          dollars to the construction industry, for what many believe to be
                          shoddily constructed schools. They look impressive from afar, but
                          does Mr. Ramsey care what goes on inside the building?

                          Here is a quote from U.S. News and World Report (12/10/07)in a story
                          about America's best high schools. The quote describes the top-rated
                          Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in
                          Virginia: "The building itself is remarkably unimpressive. With its
                          chipped paint and trailers that serve at classrooms, it looks very
                          much like many other public schools."

                          Mr. Ramsey, instead of patting yourself on the back for being honored
                          by your construction industry buddies, please work tirelessly to
                          lower the suspension, truancy, and drop out rates in our district;
                          and please work tirelessly to help the hundreds (thousands?) of
                          students who score in the "below basic" and "far below basic"
                          category on standardized tests.

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 31, 2008
                            This is what I understand in how contracts are awarded for school districts or any public government entity. When contracts are awarded they are awarded based on a closed bid process and bids are submitted to the state for our projects. The state processes the bids and awards the contract to the lowest bidder who meets the requirements of that contract. School boards do not vote on these contracts or the contractors. Am I wrong about this?

                            The reason Mr. Ramsey is probably being honored is because WCCUSD is the second largest school construction program in the state and we have been recognized for the program statewide.

                            As a parent in this district I am proud that we are investing in our children. At least someone is making them a priority. Yes I would like money to be spent in the classroom, but frankly many of our classroom are dangerous and need to be rebuilt, period.

                            I am not going to debate on what we have done so far and what we should have done (there are reasons for improvement), but what I am going to restate is what I said publicly over three years ago, "this bond program could easily exceed $2 billion, all you have to do is the math and look at the number of schools we have."

                            We live in a country that does not value our children, just look at how we fund education, look at how we treat our children, look at all the energy we spend in finding fault and not taking that same energy, finding solutions and making positive change.
                            Tammy Campbell

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 31, 2008
                              I would like people to be honest and look at the other unions that people have received money and services from, say for example Local One and UTR. How can they be any different? Unions are unions whether they be trades, teachers, etc. Let's face it, it takes money to run a campaign and I for one would not want to go into debt for a thankless job that only pays $600/month and benefits of which I would not take.

                              We need to get real, trade unions probably donated money because frankly they have benefited from the building programs. We employee local trades people, who spend their salaries in our local economies, and send their children to our local schools. Why is this picture wrong? Isn't this why the school board fought for PLAs? Just food for thought.
                              Tammy Campbell

                              > Ah, I see, thanks. Very interesting. Mr. Ramsey sure is
                              > popular with
                              > the building trades unions. Why is that?
                              >

                              > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn R.
                              > Bailey" <lbailey143@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > A few examples for Pfeifer:
                              > >
                              > > Powell & Partners -- $5,000
                              > >
                              > > Don Todd Associates -- $5,000
                              > >
                              > > Independent PAC Local 188 (Darrell Reese) -- $4,000 --
                              > This
                              > organization was investigated by the F.B.I. and the
                              > F.P.P.C.
                              > >
                              > > The Seville Group -- $3,000
                              > >
                              > > Arthur Tam Associates -- $2,000
                              > >
                              > > I.B.E.W Martinez -- $1,000
                              > >
                              > > Specific examples for Kronenberg and Ramsey are
                              > readily available at
                              > the web site mentioned below:
                              > http://www.baysidepta.org/pages/campaign2006.php

                            • Ralph Bedwell
                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 1, 2008
                                It seems like it took Ramsey a LOT more money than everyone else to
                                win that "thankless job". I suppose that's what he needed to do to
                                avoid being defeated. If it's so thankless, I wonder what's in it for him?

                                --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Tammera Campbell