Bay Area Public Employee Salaries

  • Ralph Bedwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      This forum has been moribund lately, to say the least! So, let me stir
      it up a bit...

      Check this out:

      http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/citypay/

      I'm told that most of the city employees on these lists will get
      lifetime medical benefits, plus pensions equaling 90% of their ending
      earnings (including overtime). Could this possibly be true?

      Too bad Richmond isn't listed here. From talking with some city
      employees, my impression is that the pay situation in Richmond is
      probably similar to Vallejo, San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.

      We can't even make our top teacher pay equal to the base pay in these
      city agencies, plus we have essentially no opportunity to pad it with
      these outrageous overtime checks. Are we who work in education all
      suckers, or what?
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 4:06 PM
        Ralph-

        Your attempt to rile things up didn't seem to work. To sort of answer your
        sort of question, I think we are all suckers.

        Charley Cowens

        On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Ralph Bedwell <bedwellr@...> wrote:

        > This forum has been moribund lately, to say the least! So, let me stir
        > it up a bit...
        >
        > Check this out:
        >
        > http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/citypay/
        >
        > I'm told that most of the city employees on these lists will get
        > lifetime medical benefits, plus pensions equaling 90% of their ending
        > earnings (including overtime). Could this possibly be true?
        >
        > Too bad Richmond isn't listed here. From talking with some city
        > employees, my impression is that the pay situation in Richmond is
        > probably similar to Vallejo, San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.
        >
        > We can't even make our top teacher pay equal to the base pay in these
        > city agencies, plus we have essentially no opportunity to pad it with
        > these outrageous overtime checks. Are we who work in education all
        > suckers, or what?

      • Margaret Browne & Tony Sustak
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 11:34 PM
          Hi,

          For some hard numbers for Richmond Public Employees, Contact Council Member
          Tom Butt at tom.butt@... (www.tombutt.com).

          As many probably know, Tom publishes an excellent e-newsletter and in the
          past, especially during Richmond's budget melt down, Tom published info on
          who gets what and when. He keeps an archive, and when contacted, he will be
          happy to forward the relevant e-newsletter. Might be a bit dated, now of
          course, some salaries have been changed and positions, added and others
          eliminated, however even a slightly dated e-newsletter will be adequate.

          The City of SF eliminated pensions based on the highest salary of the last
          year for new-hires as of 1967.

          Tony Sustak

          _____