9721Re: [wccusdtalk] CBAC -Get the Date right!

    Sep 27, 2007
      The CBAC meeting has been traditionally on the 4th Tuesday of the month. Last month we requested an official change to the 4th Thursday of the month. Therefore I can see where the mix up happened. I truly do not believe that it was deliberate Jill, but an actual human error and maybe lack of communication or even Mr. Ehara taking on more than one individual can do.
      Tammy

      Charley Cowens <charley.cowens@...> wrote:
      Jill,

      It says September 27th on the District Web site. When it first went up it
      had the 25th. (We used to meet on Tuesdays.) The link goes the CBAC Web site
      at:

      http://www.baysidepta.org/wccusdcbac/

      The agenda is a available from there along with a min-calendar that has
      date/time/location. In this case: 9/27, 6:30pm, Alvarado Adult School.

      Charley Cowens

      On 9/26/07, sunsetjill <sunsetjill@...> wrote:

      > The district WEB site says the CBAC meeting is September 25th and
      > the Email I received says it's September 27. If the district truly
      > wants anyone to attend anything, they would get the dates correct!
      > Also the time and meeting place...
      > WHERE IS THE CALANDER??????????????
      > If we can't find meetings, how can we make a difference?
      >
      > Jill
      > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, "sunsetjill" <sunsetjill@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I signed up for the Email on the Budget Adivisory Committee and
      > did
      > > receive the following:
      > > The next meeting of the WCCUSD Community Budget Advisory Committee
      > > will
      > >
      > > be on Thursday (9/27) at 6:30pm. The topics we had already been
      > > planning
      > > (even before the parcel tax news) for this meeting were:
      > >
      > > 1. Finishing our recommendations for budget process
      > > 2. Starting a discussion of the audit recommendation concerning
      > > school
      > > closures.
      > > 3. Membership applications
      > >
      > > In light of the interest by the Board in the notion of a "bare-
      > > bones"
      > > budget as an analytical tool as suggested by Sheri Gamba at our
      > last
      > > CBAC meeting, we should pay special attention to this idea at our
      > > meeting. As part of our budget process recommendations, we will
      > need
      > >
      > > specify exactly what this means and how it can be applied to
      > making
      > > decisions.
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > > Charles Cowens
      > > Chair / WCCUSD Community Budget Advisory Committee

      > > WCCUSD Community Budget Advisory Committee
      > > Visit our Web site at: http://www.baysidepta.org/wccusdcbac/
      > >

      > > --- In wccusdtalk@yahoogroups.com, Cathy Travlos <cbt@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've been out of town for the past 3 days with my daughter who,
      > > like
      > > > Tammy's son, is off to college. I just got caught up with the
      > > postings
      > > > here and I'm amazed. Tammy asked for real suggestions to take to
      > > the
      > > > Budget Advisory Committee this week and I haven't seen much
      > coming
      > > from
      > > > this group that's worth sharing. It's absurd to say that the
      > board
      > > > should cut the things that are being supported by the current
      > > parcel tax
      > > > and then go back and ask for another vote. The budget cycle
      > > doesn't work
      > > > that way. By the time anyone volunteered to head up the campaign
      > > and
      > > > found donors to support it, it would be too late. The district
      > has
      > > > come up with a 3-year cycle of budgets - which now have to be
      > cut
> [...]

      Tammera (Tammy) E. Campbell
      2668 Alhambra Way
      Pinole, CA 94564
      Home: 510-223-3857
      Email: Tammera.Campbell@...

      Following are contacts for other email lists to consider joining:
      Ellerhorst Elementary School: ellerhorst_etree@...
      Collins Elementary School: alisoncrooks@...
      Pinole Middle School: Tammera.Campbell@...
      Pinole Valley High School: etree@...