Re: [wbailsbfinance] Shameful [Re: How board and management must forge the budget]

  • F. Frank Le Fever, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 13, 2004
      --- cerene_lsb <cerene_lsb@...> wrote:
      --------/ /----------------------
      > I haven't been following the flurry of posts but at last
      > Thursdays
      > LSB meeting Brown did propose a 30% reduction in the
      > revenue line.
      ---------------/ /--------------------

      To propose a 30% reduction in "revenue EXPECTATIONS" or
      "revenue PROJECTIONS" is _not_ the same as proposing a 30%
      reduction in REVENUES.
    • cerene_lsb
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2004
        Frank,

        I think we all understand that a budget is a projection...and I used
        the term "revenue line" and Don used the term "budget proposal". The
        line in the 2004 forecast which represents some actual and some
        projection was $2,756,565 where the 2005 proposal is $2,775,000.

        If the income is cut, expenditures will have to be cut as well in
        order to balance the budget and create the month's reserve. There've
        already been reductions in costs of supplies and some utilities.
        Other utilities and rent aren't negotiable. The cuts will likely mean
        loss of staff as salaries represent a large chunk of the spending.

        No one, not even someone who champions those who would tell listeners
        to give no more than the $25 voting minimum, can cut our REVENUE even
        with email campaigns...unless they've got contacts in the bank who'll
        just not put the money in our account.

        Cerene

        --- In wbailsbfinance@yahoogroups.com, "F. Frank Le Fever, Ph.D."
        <fflefever@y...> wrote:

        > --- cerene_lsb <cerene_lsb@y...> wrote:
        > --------/ /----------------------
        > > I haven't been following the flurry of posts but at last
        > > Thursdays
        > > LSB meeting Brown did propose a 30% reduction in the
        > > revenue line.
        > ---------------/ /--------------------
        >
        > To propose a 30% reduction in "revenue EXPECTATIONS" or
        > "revenue PROJECTIONS" is _not_ the same as proposing a 30%
        > reduction in REVENUES.
      • F. Frank Le Fever, Ph.D.
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2004
          --- cerene_lsb <cerene_lsb@...> wrote:
          ---------------/ /-------------------------------
          > No one, not even someone who champions those who would
          > tell listeners
          > to give no more than the $25 voting minimum, can cut our
          > REVENUE even
          > with email campaigns...unless they've got contacts in the
          > bank who'll
          > just not put the money in our account.
          > Cerene

          If this is a reference to Gary Null, it seems to me that in
          the time allowed him in the most recent drive(s) he pitched
          for more than the minimum (and offered some premiums to
          encourage this).

          If this is a more general reference to our making WBAI
          membership and voting more inclusive, by correctly stating
          that $25 is the _regular_ amount for dues, not a
          second-class citizenship fee, I'm for it and will (as
          usual) give far more than the minimum to supplement "the
          widow's mite" of those who cannot pay more than the
          minimum.

          As for failure to deposit funds: will you assist those of
          us who are seeking more transparency and accountability in
          all our revenue and expenditure procedures, includng
          deposits of revenues from _all_ sources?

          --Frank

          understand stating Pacifica
        • Reimers, Berthold
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 15, 2004
            Thank you Frank for clear and transparent mind and thinking.

            Berthold Reimers

            > No one, not even someone who champions those who would
            > tell listeners
            > to give no more than the $25 voting minimum, can cut our
            > REVENUE even
            > with email campaigns...unless they've got contacts in the
            > bank who'll
            > just not put the money in our account.
            > Cerene

            If this is a reference to Gary Null, it seems to me that in
            the time allowed him in the most recent drive(s) he pitched
            for more than the minimum (and offered some premiums to
            encourage this).

            If this is a more general reference to our making WBAI
            membership and voting more inclusive, by correctly stating
            that $25 is the _regular_ amount for dues, not a
            second-class citizenship fee, I'm for it and will (as
            usual) give far more than the minimum to supplement "the
            widow's mite" of those who cannot pay more than the
            minimum.

            As for failure to deposit funds: will you assist those of
            us who are seeking more transparency and accountability in
            all our revenue and expenditure procedures, includng
            deposits of revenues from _all_ sources?

            --Frank

            understand stating Pacifica

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, including any attachments
            to it, may contain confidential information or protected health information
            subject to privacy regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and
            Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This transmission is intended only for
            the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended
            recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
            distribution or use of any of the information contained in this transmission
            is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
            please immediately notify me by reply e-mail and destroy the original
            transmission in its entirety without saving it in any manner.