WVN #83: CORRECTION

  • waylandvoters
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2005
      Wayland Voters Network
      April 15, 2005

      Dear Wayland Voter,

      There were two errors in WVN Newsletter #82 which was posted
      yesterday.

      We reported that School Committee Chair Lori Frieling prevented
      WayCAM's Richard Turner from taping the complete committee
      meeting. In fact, though Ms. Frieling initially objected to the
      videotaping, and a public comment was made about it, Mr.
      Turner asserted his legal right to be there and wasn't hindered. It
      was his choice to tape only part of the session.

      We reported that while the committee was discussing the public
      availability of the performance evaluation of Superintendent Gary
      Burton (which had been requested by the Wayland Town Crier)
      committee member Bob Gordon indicated that the committee
      might have violated the state Open Meeting Law. Mr. Gordon
      denies having said that.

      We deeply regret the errors.

      Michael Short, co-editor