WVN #81: Correction

  • waylandvoters2
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2005
      Wayland Voters Network
      April 12, 2005

      Dear Wayland Voter,

      There was an error in WVN newsletter #80 which was posted yesterday.
      One of the Town handouts used in preparing that newsletter had
      different FY04 figures for the school budget than does the School
      Budget booklet. In fact, the budget booklet shows an increase
      between FY04 and FY05 of 1.8%, not 6.6% as we previously reported.
      We regret the error, and thank the School Committee member who
      contacted us to point it out. We also checked the increase between
      FY05 and FY06, and found that it should be 5.7%, not 5.6% as
      indicated earlier.

      The paragraph in question should read as follows:
      For example, one might note that in FY05, the schools' operating
      budget rose 1.8%, while the total public safety budget rose 1.5%.
      The schools' proposed operating budget for FY06 rises another 5.7%,
      while the public safety budget is nearly level, with an increase of
      less than 1%.

      Margo Melnicove, Co-editor