WVN #30: Appeal for Support

  • waylandvoters
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2004
      To Wayland Voters Network Subscribers:

      In our latest newsletter, we reported that the High School Building Committee
      has selected the option of building an all-new Wayland High School,
      salvaging only the Field House. The public can learn more and ask questions
      about this proposal at a public forum Thursday, August 26, at 7:30 PM in the
      Wayland High School Little Theater. Pre-meeting tours will be offered at 6:30.

      We hope that you find WVN's updates on the high school project and other
      town issues informative and timely. We intend to continue to provide this
      service without charge, with labor provided by volunteers and using the free
      YahooGroups listserv.

      We believe WVN would be even more valuable if its newsletter readership
      increases, and if we can communicate with more people who do not have
      email. In the coming months, Wayland residents will be asked to consider the
      largest projects in the town's history. Everyone in Wayland needs to be
      aware of these issues, and have an opportunity to participate in the decision-
      making process. We need your continuing help in reaching voters whether
      they have email or not. Please forward WVN reports to friends who may be
      concerned about the extraordinary impact on taxes of the high school and
      other projects listed in the Master Plan. And let us know by phone or email
      about people who might be interested but lack email.

      To allow Wayland Voters Network to expand its reach, we are now asking
      for contributions. Any amount is welcome. (WVN is a registered Political
      Action Committee. In the PAC's financial reports to the Town Clerk, we are
      required to identify by name anyone who contributes more than $50 in a
      calendar year; contributions of $50 or less are listed anonymously and in the
      aggregate.) Please be assured that no contribution will benefit any individual.
      All money received will be used entirely for the cost of printing, copying,
      postage, and other expenses related to informing voters and promoting voter
      participation. Please make checks payable to Wayland Voters Network and
      send to:
      Michael Short, WVN Treasurer
      265 Pelham Island Rd.
      Wayland, MA 01778