Re: [watkins] Brightwork

  • James Brewer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
      Doug, where is your boat kept, how often do you need to re coat, where do you buy your Bristol finish? West Marine wants $80.00 a qt.
      Jim

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
        I am in the midwest....a good friend of mine keeps is on the Chesapeake and was the one who introduced me to it. I ordered it on line and I am pretty sure it was cheaper than West, Almost anywhere is cheaper than West. I only had one season on my Hunter before I sold the boat but it had at least two more years on it.

        Doug

        w27sail wrote:
        Has anyone in the group used Bristol Finish on the brightwork?
        If so what do you think of it?
        Jim s/v Wildest Dream

        Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
        Subject Tag : [watkins]

        Footer :
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
        Subject Tag : [watkins]

        Footer :
        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • James Brewer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
          Doug, thank you for your response. I keep my boat on the lower Chesapeake. West is pricing themselves out of the market. I will check online. This winter I'm refinishing the ladder from my companionway. I'm considering using Bristol finish on all my bright work.
          Jim
          PS which Watkins do you own?

          w27sail wrote:
          Has anyone in the group used Bristol Finish on the brightwork?
          If so what do you think of it?
          Jim s/v Wildest Dream

          Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
          Subject Tag : [watkins]

          Footer :
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
          Subject Tag : [watkins]

          Footer :
          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Doug Korinek
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
            No problem..... I am currently boat-less( I don't think my star counts) I am looking at the 27's. Seems like a roomy boat for it's size plus the shallow draft will be good for where I want to keep it.

            Doug

            w27sail wrote:
            Has anyone in the group used Bristol Finish on the brightwork?
            If so what do you think of it?
            Jim s/v Wildest Dream

            Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
            Subject Tag : [watkins]

            Footer :
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
            Subject Tag : [watkins]

            Footer :
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
            Subject Tag : [watkins]

            Footer :
            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • James Brewer
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
              I got my 78W27 in 1986 and I still love it.
              Jim

              w27sail wrote:
              Has anyone in the group used Bristol Finish on the brightwork?
              If so what do you think of it?
              Jim s/v Wildest Dream

              Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
              Subject Tag : [watkins]

              Footer :
              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
              Subject Tag : [watkins]

              Footer :
              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Appears in all group postings and digests delivered to members.
              Subject Tag : [watkins]

              Footer :
              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • capbrian
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 3, 2008
                I have a truly wonderful W30 for sale. I have bought a
                bigger boat and certainly dont need TWO BOATS!!

                Go to www.akaphoto.ca/seawolf or email me direct if
                you wish.

                Bryan

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?