Re: Looking for a New Home

  • cattygirls2001
    Message 1 of 393 , Feb 25, 2013
      Thanks for the information. I know Eastern Painted are native here so they won't be a problem other than idiots using them for target practice. The RES will be here as long as I can maintain them. The local herp society is a shady deal. They say they will rehome turtles then turn around and sell them. Not a good situation. We have a local guy who has a store front herp display and takes outstanding care of whatever he gets, does kids tours, visits schools, etc. Trying him. Hope someone would give my juvenile female a home!.

      Roena

      Message 393 of 393 , May 24
        THIS IS A TWICE MONTHLY MESSAGE FOR SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION.
        FROM: List owner, Alex Netherton
        Hi folks;
        This is just a message for members, letting you know about the subscription options in eGroups, and other related information.
        1.) You can set your account to recieve individual e-mails. This is for folks who want each individual post sent to them.
        2.)You can set up a "daily digest". This lumps all messages into one, and they are all sent to you in one message. Great for folks who do not want a full in box. It also strips out attachments, so you will have to go to the website (shown above) to read the messages and look at the attachments.
        3.) You can choose "no mail". This allows you to recieve no messages, so you will have to go to the website to read them. Great for folks who are going out of town. You can go into any library or internet cafe or friends computer, sign on and look at messages. The big benefit is that you do not have to unsubscribe while out of town, and when you get back, just change the settings.
        4.) If you really want to unsubscribe, it can be done from the same page. (Now, why would you want to do that?)

        ABSOLUTELY do not collect e-mails from members and direct mail to them for any reason. I have no problem with people telling us about books they have written, or things they sell, but send them to the group ONCE, and it MUST be about water turtle care or keeping.

        PLEASE don't ask the moderators to unsubscribe you; it is all too easy for us to unsubscribe the wrong person, and leave you on the group, making two people mad. (This is a do-it-yourself sort of thing.)
        Thanks from the group owner;
        Alex Netherton