messages and subscription info

  • patrah2u
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2010
      hi there;
      i would like to actually belong to this group. i currently receive only subscription change ingo; but have not learned how to set the subscription to receive emails and useful emails and info, which is why i subscribe. please help me to get the info and messages which may help me with the turtles which are in my care now.
      i once belonged in terms of exchanging and receiving info at this site. receiving subscription change info twice a month is not useful for me to use with caring for the turtles.
      thank you for reading this and for getting me started again with this group. i look forward to interacting here.
      patrice
    • Alex Netherton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
        Well, the group is kind of dead right now, and some were scared because
        I almost signed up with a list aggregator (which I later opted out of)
        which everyone thought was spyware. Hopefully, it will get active again.

        Alex Netherton
        Asheville, NC
        danetherton@...
        http://blueridgediscovery.com

        patrah2u wrote:

        > hi there;
        > i would like to actually belong to this group. i currently receive
        > only subscription change ingo; but have not learned how to set the
        > subscription to receive emails and useful emails and info, which is
        > why i subscribe. please help me to get the info and messages which may
        > help me with the turtles which are in my care now.
        > i once belonged in terms of exchanging and receiving info at this
        > site. receiving subscription change info twice a month is not useful
        > for me to use with caring for the turtles.
        > thank you for reading this and for getting me started again with this
        > group. i look forward to interacting here.
        > patrice

      • patrice whittaker
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
          alex;
          i understand that the group is sometimes rather dormant, but for about a year or so, all i  receive is the subscriptopn change message.  i wonder about that.  keeping in mind that winter months are slower, what about the other seasons?  i have changed my settings to receive mail and messages.  i know that when i was an active member, any season would find me communicating on some or other level with other turtle fanciers.  i know that the people here are focused on turtle care and on helping others who have turtles to care for and not on any other issues having to do with communication problems.  given that, i am eager to become a contributing member of this group again, and may have tidbits to share which may be of value even if most group members are evpert in their interest.  if not, i know i can benefit in terms of the four turtles who are hanging in there with the care i give them.  thank you for your prompt response.
          blessings;
          patrice

          patrah2u wrote:

          > hi there;
          > i would like to actually belong to this group. i currently receive
          > only subscription change
          ingo; but have not learned how to set the
          > subscription to receive emails and useful emails and info, which is
          > why i subscribe. please help me to get the info and messages which may
          > help me with the turtles which are in my care now.
          > i once belonged in terms of exchanging and receiving info at this
          > site. receiving subscription change info twice a month is not useful
          > for me to use with caring for the turtles.
          > thank you for reading this and for getting me started again with this
          > group. i look forward to interacting here.
          > patrice

          14:35:00

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              waterturtles-digest@yahoogroups.com
              waterturtles-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Alex Netherton
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2010
            Hi Patrice. I think that people got cranked because I had started to
            sign up with Grouply, a groups aggregator that would allow me to keep up
            with all my groups instead of going all over the place. I had no idea
            that Grouply had a bad reputation. There are still 236 members, so I
            think if you asked a question or wanted to chat, someone would help you.
            Grouply faded into the woodwork, and I unsubscribed from it, but people
            can get scared of just about anything...