introducing turtle from tank to pond?

  • awesomedude2cool
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12 9:15 PM
      how do u inroduce a turtle tht has been living in a tank into a pond.
      i no with fish u just float them in a bag for like 20 mins but wat do
      u do with turtles? my pond is deep enough so it wont frreze to the
      bottom and i will not be putting the turtle in until summer.
    • Mary Hopson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13 6:40 PM
        awesomedude2cool wrote:

        > how do u inroduce a turtle tht has been living in a tank into a pond.
        > i no with fish u just float them in a bag for like 20 mins but wat do
        > u do with turtles? my pond is deep enough so it wont frreze to the
        > bottom and i will not be putting the turtle in until summer.

        Fish are very sensitive to sudden temperature change, which is why you
        need to slowly change the temperature in the bag to the tank's
        temperature, before introducing fish to the tank. Turtles aren't that
        picky. But, as you mention, you should wait 'til it's warm outside to
        make that change. Also make sure that the pond is suitable, with some
        sun and shade, protection from predators, a good place to haul out and
        bask, etc.

        Mary at the TurtlePuddle
        <http://www.turtlepuddle.org>