Re: [waterturtles] Food for slider

  • catatonya
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 8, 2005
      Hi Patrice,

      You've  been through a lot of misfortune recently!  I hope your mother is doing better.  It's sad, but lots of time the worse 'predator' stories I hear involve humans.  :(

      tonya

      PATRICE WHITTAKER <patrah2u@...> wrote:
      just a tidbit; my three large turts; slider, map and cooter went banannas
      over some slightly over ripe renier chewrries the other day, and ate all the
      marine pklants i put in there in a day.  they are usually very carnuverous,
      and really surprised me.  i see that other people are having difficulties
      too.  i have had a few turtle losses ND A HEALTH BOUT WITH MY MOM.  SHE HAS
      BEEN HOSPITALIZED 5 TIMES SINCE APRIL.
    • PATRICE WHITTAKER
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2005
        thankx tonya. you would not believe. i am making my way as slow a a
        tortoise, but i'm movin' along (lol). there is (was) much more that i
        cannot even begin to share, and i am glad i can "swim underwater (LOL)".
        turts are doin ok. had to drive to maryland the weekend, and was sooo glad
        to get home, my kitties were at the door, doggie was waggin' her tail, my
        birds were tweetin' and the turts were swimmin' on their side of the glass
        aligned. i may not be the best housekeeper, but i have the greatest homw i
        know of. i was not aware that i still had this email address, since my
        computer has been down for months. i may have landed a J O B though, and
        whatever happens, i believe things are looking up. thankx for your concern