softshell - bumps on shell

  • opus_xjs
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 11:11 AM
      Hello all, I have a small eastern softshell who has had problems
      with fungus, the fungus is cleared up now but he has developed some
      bumps on his shell, can anybody tell me what they are and what to do
      about them? I will upload a couple pic in the photos section under
      my folder named opus.
      I am also looking for info on where I can buy another eastern
      softshell in canada.

      Thanks
    • Mary Hopson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 12:08 PM
        opus_xjs wrote:
        Hello all, I have a small eastern softshell who has had problems
        with fungus, the fungus is cleared up now but he has developed some
        bumps on his shell, can anybody tell me what they are and what to do
        about them? I will upload a couple pic in the photos section under
        my folder named opus.
        The bumps should probably be cultured to see if there is still an active infection. Do you have a good vet near you?

        Mary at The Turtle Puddle
        <http://www.turtlepuddle.org>

      • Sr. Donna Marie Appert
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1 4:42 PM
          Hi,

          I have four turtles, and they are all about 5 1/2 years old.  The girls are just starting to have eggs and they are eating them.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  I changed some of the land so they could dig and bury them, but they keep having the eggs in the water and eating them.  I would appreciate any help.

          Thank you ,
          SDM