Re: [waterturtles] Fanning?

  • Frank E.
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2003
      Welcome, Janet... Sounds like you have some great
      set-ups. I always wanted a Central A. Wood... How cold-
      tolerant are they in Maryland? Do you bring them indoors
      during the cold months?

      Frank

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • blonde2097@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
        hi frank.....thanks for the welcome.  i just got them a few months ago.  right now they are in the pond area.  they can come and go as they please. they spend most of their time under the bushes.  my wood turtles are not for my area.  since they come from central America,  i will have to bring them in  for the winter.  they are pretty  and very timid.  there are wood turtles that are from our areas up north and from what i have read they are here in Maryland.  they prefer bog and marshy spots,  which with all the rain we have had that shouldn't be a problem this year ... take care, janet
      • Frank E.
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
          I've got one North American Wood in my clan... An
          amazing turt!

          Frank

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • blonde2097@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 2, 2003
            do you keep him outside ?          janet
          • Frank E.
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 3, 2003
              My N.A. Wood stays outside during the day, but comes
              inside every night. Too many possums and coons out here
              in the woods. My lone boxie goes through the same routine.
              I do not hibernate them... They spend the winter indoors.

              Frank

              http://sbc.yahoo.com