Re: [waterturtles] now cats/parrots ....... was positive vibes, etc

  • PATRICE WHITTAKER
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2003
      Frank;
      Why won't you have another cat?  I was really unpleasantly surprised that there were no e mails from the turt people the last couple of days.   I had sent a few ???'s and no responses.  I have a ?.  I read that painted turts are hardy.  The pet store near me just rec'd a bunch of turts.  I really want the small map, buut it is too small for the tank with the larger map in it.  I read that painteds can live in warmer temps, like maps.  The painteds at the store are near the size of my map.  Could I get away with a painted in my map's tank.  It is a 75 gal.
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 1, 2003
        Painteds are hardy turts. I have one that lives comfortably
        in a 55-gallon, with a yellow mud. No comment about cats,

        Frank

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • PATRICE WHITTAKER
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
          So Frank;
          This Map is aggressive.  I understand Painteds are very docile.  Will the Painted's comparable size keep My Mississippi Belle at bay?   Also, I am interested in getting snails for Map.  The pet store only carries large round ones.  She still has not beenable to devour it; because of its size and shape.  I wouls like to just have snails in there that will multiply; perhaps baby ones of this type, or the smaller flatter variety.  Any info on snails?

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
            The aggressive map may be a problem... But, painteds
            do have a suble way of hanging with bossy turts. I, honestly,
            would give it a go, but I would have a back-up plan... A
            plan if the arrangement just did not work. I know lots about
            snails, but have to run now. Leaving town, so I may not be in
            contact for a few days. If you go to the site, and search the
            achived messages, I'm sure you'll find numerous posts concerning
            snails. The pefect turt food, as long as they're parasite-free.

            Frank

            http://calendar.yahoo.com
          • PATRICE WHITTAKER

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 3, 2003
                Hi there;
                I have seen David's messages but I do not know his address.  He is nearby here in Michigan.  Just wondering.  Would like to start a thread there.  Also any other Michiganders.
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 21, 2003
                  Hello there;
                  There is a renewal subscription in may mail for this group.  I tried to register, and am having problems.  But when I try to just re join they say Patrice is already using this group.  I think that is me, but I wast to re subscribe or whatever I have to do.  Can you help me??

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 22, 2003
                    You do NOT need to renew anything... You're trapped
                    in this group forever,

                    Frank

                    http://sbc.yahoo.com
                  • dodsonbs@cs.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 7, 2003
                      please remove me from this web list
                    • PATRICE WHITTAKER
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 7, 2003

                        What??  Does anyone know how to discern the age of a turt???