Re: How to determine weight loss

  • ericb_la
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
      > is he growing at all? has he shed scutes? maybe if his shell is
      growing,his
      > body mass isn't keeping pace. how big is he and what is his
      weight? Any
      > parasite checks recently? Alot of questions but need a starting
      point.

      Sorry not to respond sooner. I'm in the beginning stages of moving.

      Anyway, I have two painteds. The one in question is just under 5
      ounces in weight and 4 inches long. The other fellow is just under
      6 ounces and 4 inches long.

      Neither has been checked for parasites.

      The shell is hard. He eats and is no less active, although he and
      the 6 ounce turtle are "polar opposites" regarding their
      personalities and relationship. Maybe it's stress of being with the
      other male?

      I'm moving from an apartment to a house which has a pond in the
      backyard. I'm looking to relocate these guys from their tank to the
      pond although haven't spend much time yet researching it.

      Perhaps I should head to the vet...

      Eric