Re: [waterturtles] Re: sex of turtles

  • Dane Fagundes
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
      Gur Arie Livni (Shenok) wrote:

      > Any idea about the reason for this difference?

      Hi,
      It's nice to have a known pair, then while looking at tails to compare
      the sexes,
      you really see the difference. Once this is accomplished, it's a
      piece of cake to ID the sex of an aquatic turtle.
      In the female, the location of the cloaca has something to do
      with the egg laying and the male to help in the breeding process.
      Hope I did not speak out of turn. Maybe this will help a little.

      Dane
    • Gur Arie Livni (Shenok)

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
          I just made a new Turtle Page, Check it out!

          -Turtle of Chaos

        • vtdlk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2001
            Ease of mating?!!!! Turtles, as do birds and tortoises, utilize a "cloacal
            kiss" to exchange the male sex products to the female.

            from David near Detroit