Move

  • danetherton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2000
      I have been getting messages from people who have already signed up with eGroups. This is wonderful. I tried to transfer everybody, but there must have been a glitch, as they have sent me no confirmation so far.
      So, to join (I can't add you, as that would be considered SPAMming), you can:
      1.) Wait for me to try to enter everyone's addresses, and to get an invitation to join from eGroups, then follow the instructions and join (might take a while). Or:
      2.) Go to the website http://www.egroups.com/group/waterturtles and join manually. This might be faster.

      I am going to keep both the eGroups list going, and the ListBot list, so no one gets lost in the shuffle. It will be controlled confusion for a few days. I am addressing this message to both lists, and I suggest everyone else does this, until we are sure everyone has made the transfer. This will double the mail from the Waterturtles list for a while. We are now 200 strong, and I do not want to lose anyone. We now have 13 people on the list. #13 was born on the 13th of the month (which one?), and has cats, and seems comfortable with her number. Only 187 more to go.....

      I am making the move principally because of the benefits inherent in eGroups: we will have a chat room, space to post photos, and much more that would have cost a good bit at ListBot, and still we would not have had all of it.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone else at eGroups!!
      Alex Netherton, the Appalachian Naturalist
      danetherton@...
      http://www.appalachian-naturalist.com
    • M H
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        Actually, the 13th was born on the 11th of the month
        and has the black cats. The person that responded was
        born on the 13th....and we are both very comfortable
        with the number!
        Just thought I'd add more confusion to your day!
        Keep up the great work.

        Marie

        http://photos.yahoo.com/