WASTE 1.5 and DynDNS

  • katzentierdersonne
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 2:22 PM
      I am interested in creating a WASTE mesh, in which nobody has a static
      IP or is online a long period of time. I could run a computer, but I
      also have dynamic IP address. Although I would always like a
      minimized-startable WASTE with the DynIP/DynDNS features of the
      nightly 1.5 version, the WASTE 1.5 beta3 would also be ok.

      What I wonder: Is it possible to put Domain names into connections, so
      that WASTE would automatically connect me using my DynDNS, without the
      need of the user connecting manually.
      The problem: As I see it at this moment, WASTE would resolve the
      address and then connect, saving the IP address not Domain Name for
      next start, so that it's not possible to put a domain
      name in connections.

      The new WASTE with DynDNS support seems to do that and fit exactly to
      my needs, but it is very buggy. Also you can't start minimized.. :P