Starting WASTE minimized

  • katzentierdersonne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
      I would love if WASTE could start minimized, into the tray.
      That way, many users who just check weather or eMail can easily
      participate if they want so (putting the minimized start into startup).

      Does anybody know how I can start WASTE into tray, or if a
      modification would be possible?
    • c4ll7
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
        --- In waste-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "katzentierdersonne"
        <katzentierdersonne@...> wrote:

        > I would love if WASTE could start minimized, into the tray.
        > That way, many users who just check weather or eMail can easily
        > participate if they want so (putting the minimized start into startup).
        >
        > Does anybody know how I can start WASTE into tray, or if a
        > modification would be possible?

        i think it could be thru the windows start up commands issued off the
        exe's properties possibly?

        but if this were to occur.. having network status remember IP's like
        it used to in v1.4 and also work for remembering DNS's and being able
        to try them TOO every so often would be really important . because as
        is now you could not have a connection and be running it down in the
        tray off start up and never notice you were not connected because the
        IPS it tried 5 times and gave up are no longer being tried.
      • katzentierdersonne
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
          --- In waste-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "c4ll7" <j1o2n3a4s5@...> wrote:

          > --- In waste-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "katzentierdersonne"
          > <katzentierdersonne@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I would love if WASTE could start minimized, into the tray.
          > > That way, many users who just check weather or eMail can easily
          > > participate if they want so (putting the minimized start into
          startup).

          > > Does anybody know how I can start WASTE into tray, or if a
          > > modification would be possible?
          > >
          > i think it could be thru the windows start up commands issued off
          the
          > exe's properties possibly?
          >
          > but if this were to occur.. having network status remember IP's
          like
          > it used to in v1.4 and also work for remembering DNS's and being
          able
          > to try them TOO every so often would be really important . because
          as
          > is now you could not have a connection and be running it down in
          the
          > tray off start up and never notice you were not connected because
          the
          > IPS it tried 5 times and gave up are no longer being tried.

          That's very true, I'd like to see the loading into tray and the new
          IP/DNS algorythm so it tries often.

          I created a shortcut and tried to set it to "start
          minimized". However, WASTE didn't load into the tray.
          If you meant something else, please explain how to do that.
        • katzentierdersonne
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 24, 2006
            When you minimize WASTE main window, all minimizes into tray.
            As it's open-source, couldnt that behaviour just taken and be enabled
            by some arguments when starting? If there were no windows flashing for
            a second when starting up it would be great.

            The newest version has DynDNS/DynIP connect algorythmus, maybe the
            source of that is on CVS.

            So, can ANYONE get a function into WASTE so that it loads into tray?
            I cant code :(
            Is it so hard?
          • thomasasta@gmx.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 24, 2006
              Just use

              http://cspace.in

              this is, what waste should have been from the process for dynamic IPs.
              Cspace is not sending waste traffic, is not routing through trhid party nodes and has not symmetric key exchange (tit for tat, you are on my list, onle if I am on youir list approved) and fourth no group chat.
              But we do not need this, as it has 2048 encryption, waste has not,
              and no one needs wasted routed traffic, if it is encrypted, we can use a direct connection. It is even not in china forbidden to connect to an ip adress in the usa. So no need to hide encrypted traffic, as it is encrypted.
              Thry cspace, that´s all we need. We need in it only file transfer (it in) with swarming from several uses. So Waste is really dead and has never been developed to a friendslist with a search for dynamic ip adresss buddies. We have it now with cspace.
              Csapce uses a DHT to remember the IP adress of a buddy, Waste has not even developed a server architecture like in emule to get ip adresses and users never will use dyndns.org manually in a big number.

              -------- Original-Nachricht --------
              Datum: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:02:31 -0000
              Von: "katzentierdersonne" <katzentierdersonne@...>
              An: waste-discuss@yahoogroups.com
              Betreff: [waste-discuss] Re: Starting WASTE minimized would need IP remeberance back TOO

              --
              NEU: GMX DSL Sofort-Start-Set - blitzschnell ins Internet!
              Echte DSL-Flatrate ab 0,- Euro* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl