NEW NETWORK:  FAST (faster than bittorrent) - patch for implemenation in Mute-Gnutella

  • Euseval@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi

      There is a new network / protocol out, please announce it at Zeropaid and Slyck and Slashdot and on the Boards of p2p apps. It is faster than Bittorrent. So Implement it in the MUTE application and it will be faster than Bittorrent. Also it is a layer-patch for Gnutella.
      Unbelievable, but in 20 Months it will be on the market. It is open source. If you post it in other lists, add the edonkeyhash of the code to the news.
      thanks.

      FAST NETWORK FOR 5 GB in 5 SECONDS OVER TCP

      http://netlab.caltech.edu/FAST/

      FAST is a congestion control algorithm that improves TCP performance in high speed networks. It is based on a broader theoretical effort to develop robust and stable ultrascale networking.

      A Beta version of FAST is available from this website with instructions on how to link it to an OS dependent module for use in a variety of operating systems. We welcome you to download and use FAST for research purposes in your network and encourage your feedback. We are particularly interested in establishing contact with high speed WAN users (>500Mbps) of FAST.

      What is FAST TCP?
      FAST TCP is an alternative congestion control algorithm in TCP. It is designed for high speed data transfers over large distance, e.g., tens of gigabyte files across the Atlantic. Our current implementation is in TCP on Linux platform, though the principles and design can be implemented in other contexts than TCP.

      Can I use FAST TCP with FTP or application X,Y,Z?
      FAST TCP is just like TCP in the sense that any application, such as FTP, using TCP will use FAST TCP once the patch is installed. You dont need any special programs to use FAST TCP.

      New!! Download FAST Source Code April 2004

      http://netlab.caltech.edu/FAST/fastdownload.php

      OPERATIN SYSTEM DEPENDEND
      http://netlab.caltech.edu/FAST/download.php?rel_id=11&ver=os_dep

      OPERATING SYSTEM INDEPENDENT