Re: [Washington Wicca] Re: welcome to washington state!!

  • Tamoon Pearl
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
      There's a "7 Keys" in Lakewood (right off of Bridgeport, across from the
      QFC). It's got lots of crystals, metaphysical books, Goddess jewelry &
      so much local artist artwork & more. Seven Keys - (253) 588-8050 -
      9311 Bridgeport Way SW, Lakewood, WA 98499.

      If you want a massage to pagan music . . . I'm located in Auburn
      (225 Auburn Way S, #1). My web site is TamoonInc.com. 253.709.4589.

      Here's also a link to many pagan resources in the Tacoma area:
      http://www.terratacoma.org/Local_Groups.htm

      birky2k <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Could someone tell me of any metaphysical/wiccan/pagan and the like
      stores around washington? prefferably close to me? Peirce county
      area.

      --- In washingtonwicca@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <ripplespic@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In washingtonwicca@yahoogroups.com, birky2k <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > Here in Washington, Are people "out of the broom closet" Or is
      wicca
      > sort of supressed here?
      >
      > Its a mixed bag really. Ive got my bumper stickers all over the
      > place and ive seen others on the road sporting theirs. But thats in
      > my area. N.Seattle/Everett
      > Im not sure what other regions of the state are like. In everett,
      we
      > have a few thriving businesses and a pretty good local community
      > that is working on building up their presence with events and other
      > gatherings. So I suppose, where Im at is a fairly good area.
      > Tony

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Tamoon Pearl
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
        I think people are more "out of the broom closet" around certain
        areas such as Olympia & Portland. Does anyone else here disagree?
        I don't notice too many people who are real open about their pagan
        leanings except those who attend the Sabbats regularly.

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
          Sumner & Bonney Lake are a little more conservative (probably
          fewer pagans would be open about their leanings up there). I
          very often wear Goddess jewelry and receive "nice necklace"
          comments all of the time from in-the-closet folks around these
          neck of the woods -- but I also get comments such as "that's very
          unusual!" about the same (from non-pagan folk).

          birky2k <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          Thank you so much for the welcoming,Everyone here is so nice. I too
          would like to get to know you and your family. My craft name is
          Willow and my given birth name i Leslie. I have a question to ask the
          group. It may sound weird so bare with me. Here in Washington, Are
          people "out of the broom closet" Or is wicca sort of supressed here?
          I was not "out" until I joined a coven in california,they encouraged
          me to be "out" I have been pretty much that way ever since,Bumper
          stickers etc...Also, I noticed here in Sumner/Bonney Lake no one has
          any kind of bumper stickers on their cars. Is that somthing
          washington state is not into that sort of thing??

          --- In washingtonwicca@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey a..k.a Lady Sahara"
          <ladysahara2001@y...> wrote:
          > ** Brightest blessings to you and to welcome you and your
          > family washingto wicca..
          >
          > I am stacie.. priestess , witch, healer, mom and wife over here
          In