Elder nominations

  • Paul Stephens
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      COAST (Coalition Of Alternative Spiritual Teachers) is hosting the
      second annual Elders'

      Dinner and Winter Costume Ball.
      We are accepting nominations for Elders in YOUR community who you
      would like to see

      honored at this dinner. We will need the name and contact information
      and a brief

      description of why you think they are a good candidate.
      They will get a free dinner, admission to the dance and are honored
      with a thank you

      from the community in the form of a rich wooden plaque, finished by
      the members of

      COAST, with a ceramic piece hand made by Marcie, a priestess, who
      makes art from clay,

      and a name plate of brass with their name professionally engraved.
      The plaques that were

      handed out last year were of superb quality and will be again this
      year. This is a gift

      from us, all of us, to them just to say thank you for the blood,
      sweat, tears, and years

      that they have given to their community.
      This dinner and costume ball will be held on:
      November 22, 2008
      from 5:00pm to 11:00pm
      at the Sleep Inn in SeaTac,
      20406 International Blvd. South,
      SeaTac,WA.

      We only have room for 12 elders again this year so get your
      nominations in early. We

      will be voting on the elders to honor at the COAST meeting on June
      first. Anyone can

      come and vote if they pay the $1 monthly membership. (which will help
      offset the cost of

      the dinner and ball) We would like to have all nominations in by May
      31, 2008 but we

      will accept last minute nominations at the meeting. The meeting will
      be held at:
      Crescent Moon Gifts
      2501 E. D Street, Suite #97
      Tacoma, WA. 98421

      We honored 12 elders last year and they will of course be ineligible
      for further

      nominations. In attendance last year were some of the elders that we
      would like to have

      nominated for this years awards because we couldn't get them in last
      year. If you have

      an elder that you would like to have honored please take a moment to
      e-mail me at

      paulstephens@... with their name, reasons for nomination and their
      contact

      information. We will ask them if they will participate unless you
      would like to and have

      them contact us.

      COAST is not affiliated with any group. We are a Not-for-Profit
      Association with a

      mission to further the acceptance of pagan and pagan religious paths.
      We also wish to

      connect students and teachers throughout the greater Puget Sound. For
      more information

      on us you can go to www.pnwcoast.com
      COAST is an independent association of pagans from many different
      traditions with a

      common goal: To educate our people better on their chosen paths and
      the general public

      to avoid religious persecution and prejudice through religious
      tolerance.