The Return of Celtic Boom! August 26th and 27th...

  • Nancy Jarrell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2011
      CELTIC BOOM ON THE COLUMBIA!!

      After a long hiatus, Celtic Boom strikes again this summer, at Skamokawa Vista County Park:

      http://www.skamokawavistapark.org/

      Come play music, dance, sing, canoe or kayak, fish, take a hike, swim...And if you like (or are bringing kids) there is also a basketball and tennis court, and lots of paved pathway for bicycle riding. (We are also hoping to have some crafting available for kids.)

      We have an area with 50 tent sites reserved.  People will be charged the $20 (around there) per night tent fee when they arrive. (Just mention you are here for the Celtic Boom--and/or with the Angie Cathey group.)

      RV sites are also available, but you will want to call the number (from the above link) to arrange that.

      If you hate to camp, but want to come to the party, there are some cool B&B's and other accommodations nearby:

      Twin Gables B&B
      http://www.twingables.net/

      The Inn at Lucky Mud:
      http://www.luckymud.com/

      The Inn at Crippen Creek
      http://www.crippencreek.com/

      FRIDAY EVENING:

      Dinner on your own.  There should be opportunity for plenty of music, and hopefully dancing as well...

      SATURDAY ACTIVITIES:

      Sessions
      Song Circle
      Dancing
      Open Mike
      Potluck
      Ceili Dance in the Skamokawa Grange across the highway
      (We will  purchase the required alcohol license to be used in the grange -this is Washington and things are different there!-but not furnish alcohol--you are allowed to bring your own if you'd like to have a drink in the hall.)

      How much does it cost?  Basically a tenting fee, though we also hope for small donations to cover the cost of the Grange rental.  It's a sweet old grange with a little stage for musicians.  We have it for the whole day until around midnight.  We will hold the open mike there and can also use it for activities during the day if the weather isn't fabulous (but it will be!)

      The open mike was a great success last time, so start practicing your songs,dances. and tunes!  (The limit is three pieces, so you don't have to get too carried away...)

      What else?  We may need some volunteers to help with the potluck (we're not sure of the complete logistics of that yet...) and light cleanup help with the grange at the end of the night.  If you have a craft you'd like to share, that would also be great.

      FINALLY, WHERE THE HECK IS SKAMOKAWA?
      At the back of beyond, but here's some info on how you might get there...
      http://www.travelmath.com/drive-time/from/Portland,+OR/to/Skamokawa,+WA

      Finally, this is a really amazing spot.  The grange is excited we'll be coming--some of the locals are already gearing up for the chance to dance a jig there!  So all we need to make it truly fantastic is YOU!  COME! (And thanks a million for spreading the word!)
    • timken2626
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2011
        Nancy Jarrell wrote:

        > CELTIC BOOM ON THE COLUMBIA!!
        >
        > After a long hiatus, Celtic Boom strikes again this summer, at Skamokawa
        > Vista County Park:

        <<snip>>

        I looked through the message three times - are there any dates hidden in there?

        Chuck Soule
      • Nancy Jarrell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
          Sorry--It's only in the Subject line. I meant to also include it below,
          but will re-send...
          Hope to see you there!

          nancy

          On 7/5/2011 6:12 PM, timken2626 wrote:
          > Nancy Jarrell wrote:
          >> CELTIC BOOM ON THE COLUMBIA!!
          >>
          >> After a long hiatus, Celtic Boom strikes again this summer, at Skamokawa
          >> Vista County Park:
          > <<snip>>
          >
          > I looked through the message three times - are there any dates hidden in there?
          >
          > Chuck Soule

        • Nancy Jarrell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2011
            Sorry to re-send to you all--I mistakenly only put the dates in the subject line:

            SAVE THE LAST WEEKEND in AUGUST-- FRIDAY EVENING AUGUST 26th, to SUNDAY MORNING AUGUST 28th.

            CELTIC BOOM ON THE COLUMBIA!!THE LAST WEEKEND in AUGUST-- FRIDAY EVENING AUGUST 26th, to SUNDAY MORNING AUGUST 28th.

[...]

            Dancing (including half-door dance contest with "fabulous" prize)
            Open Mike
            Potluck
            Ceili Dance in the Skamokawa Grange across the highway
            (We will  purchase the required alcohol license to be used in the grange -this is Washington and things are different there!-but not furnish alcohol--you are allowed to bring your own if you'd like to have a drink in the hall.)
            Perhaps Sunday am band scramble