My Newest Obsession --- Lloyd

  • Lloyd Krassner
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 7:56 AM
      Ok, here is my latest mental diversion...

      http://apolsurv.proboards81.com/index.cgi

      It's called the Apologetic Survivalist. I apologize.
      Hopefully this madness won't distract too much from
      my Game Design impulses.

      Lloyd
    • Peter Cobcroft
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 1:30 PM
        Mine is Skyrates...
        http://skyrates.net

        --
        Homepage: http://www.curufea.com

      • Lloyd Krassner
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2 4:19 PM
          Hi Peter,

          I've got a Skyrate in the Air right now!

          Thanks,
          Lloyd

          --- In warpspawn@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Cobcroft" <curufea@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3 7:23 PM
            Anyone here know how to program a game like that (Skyrates)?
            I bet I could come up with some good ideas for "worlds" if
            someone could do the programming. How would you classify
            Skyrates? as a MUD?

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3 8:01 PM
              It's a web-based multiuser game using a database, PHP and flash.
              I'm currently working on one that doesn't use flash and is turn based -
              http://www.curufea.com/Wikka/wikka.php?wakka=Harvester

              There are many out there, it's amazing what you can do with dynamically
              created page backed up with a database.
              For example, there's a BBS game ported over to the internet called Legend of
              the Green Dragon-
              http://www.curufea.com/LOGD

              The tricky part is finding someone with enough skills to program the damn
              thing. This is one of the things I would like to do, but am not there yet
              :(