Re: Constellation Corner Coordinates

  • Markie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2012
      Not sure if the following links contain the data you are looking for because, although I understand what you are trying to do, my knowledge of maths and astronomy is limited.
      I apologise in advance if you already checked these sites out.
      Maybe there are links or references to the data you are looking for on the sites.

      Scroll down for Table, charts and TXT files of boundaries.

      Example chart showing Andromeda Constellation boundary from IAU (International Astronomical Union) web page.
      Andromeda Boundary

      Scroll well down to table of co-ordinates.

    • Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
        Thanks!!!!!!!!!
        The constellation location files in the link has the coordinates of each corner. I tried one out and it works perfectly. Now I just have to copy all 88 of the text files to an excel file to calculate the X,Y,Z coordinates from the RA/Dec numbers. It's the same as the calculations I did for all the stars so its just a copy/paste.

        Thanks again.