Re: [Wanna be Astronomers] The Milky Way has a number of habitable worlds

  • Karen Mermel
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 8:57 AM
      Dr. Borucki from the Kepler mission is the top guy in the field.

      Karen

      From: Karen Mermel <kmermel@...>
      To: "wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com" <wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 3:27 PM

      Habitable zone doesn't mean habitable planets for our species necessarily.  Our Space Development Conference (isdc.nss.org/2012) is looking to have a speaker on exoplanets.

      Karen

      From: scienceido <scienceido@...>
      To: wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 5:32 AM

       A European team said Wednesday that about 40 percent of red dwarf stars, the most common in the Milky Way, have a planet called "Super-Earth" orbiting in a habitable zone that would allow for water surface.

      TechnologyNews