Re: [Wanna be Astronomers] Re: Black hole blows huge gas bubble

  • Craig Sheppard
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 8 7:51 PM
      there is a black hole at the nucleus of every major galaxy  thats what i read in astronmy mag

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 8 8:06 PM
        Hi Mark

        Thx for the article. There's no way imho a quasar as expressed by another on
        this list would account for what is seen

        James

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 8 10:01 PM
          Hi Craig

          More correctly that would be a "super massive black hole" at the heart of the
          galaxies

          James

          --
          Then neither Being nor Not-being was, Nor atmosphere, nor
          firmament, nor what is beyond. What did it encompass?

          Who knows truly? Who can here declare it? Whence it was
          born, whence is this emanation. By the emanation of this
          the gods Only later [came to be]. Who then knows whence it
          has arisen?

          Whence this emanation hath arisen, Whether [God] disposed
          it, or whether he did not, --- Only he who is its overseer
          in the highest heavens knows. [He only knows,] or perhaps
          he does not know!

          Rig Veda
        • Craig Sheppard
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 9 4:54 PM
            yes thats correct although they say it, doesnt nessasarily mean its true ,  i m inclined to believe it though
            simply because these  people r alot more educated than my self on this subject as well as experienced observers with more technically advanced scopes i use a 80 mm and 90 mm refracter and 10 50 pentax  and a few star charts

            More correctly that would be a "super massive black hole" at the heart of the
            galaxies

            James

            On Monday 09 August 2010 12:51:34 Craig Sheppard wrote:
            > there is a black hole at the nucleus of every major galaxy  thats what i
            > read in astronmy mag

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 10 1:15 PM

              Maybe the article at this link will help unify the various points of view, although I agree with you James that there are some views which defy rational explanation.
              By that I mean the comments on topics other than black holes or quasars which crept into one response you mentioned. Takes all sorts to make a world I suppose.

              Anyhow try this for size.

              http://www.redshift-live.com/en/magazine/articles/Astronomy/29784-Quasars-1.html

              Cheers
              Mark