hello

  • electrickoolade99@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2007
      my God,look at this!
      This email has been sent to you by a friend.
      If you would like to view the product they have referred you to, please click the link below.

      http://www.shopatsky.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1201
    • keithbraxton@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2010
        i just joined.am expecting my first telescope to arrive on tuesday,very stoked about it,i love watching the educational channels tv series about the universe and geology(the universe on history channel is my fav)im looking forward to interacting with backyard beginners and veterans alike.btw,my scope i have coming is a celestron astromaster114.any pros or cons?
      • James Takac
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8 9:34 PM
          Hi

          I'm surprised you haven't received any answers before mine. The scope you
          quote is a 144mm or 4" meaning it's at the low end of scopes, i.e. not a
          great deal of detail if you plan on looking beyond the solar system.
          Certainly good for looking at the moon and nearby objects like the planets.
          Even then higher end (not necessarily the highest) might suit your needs.
          That'd depend on what you hope to see. That said don't give up on your 114mm.
          Plenty can still be seen through it.

          http://www.astronomyhints.com/
          might be a sight worth checking out in your case. Otherwise google "small
          telescope astronomy" forstarters for some more on how to get the most of your
          scope. I have only a 76mm (3") at the moment and plan over next few months to
          update to a 10" dobsonian with tracking ability. Goto is overrated imho as
          one can oft get there just as fast by star hopping. Also I'd suggest joining
          an astronomy forum or even a local astronomy club (you can google for those
          in your area). Always someone willing to help there and a one on one is
          invaluable. I haven't had that sort of help myself being a shift worker which
          is prob why I've gotten better results re astrophotography than what I was
          told was possible with my current setup

          James

          --
          There is only one rule to attaining gnosis. Disregard all rules. They only
          serve to hold you back.

          Penndragon