something on the sky

  • rijo97
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi,
      I see somthing on the sky when am wathing the sky. Somthing is moving
      in the sky, its just like a star but its not twinkling. Whats that?
      some one please answer me.
    • Jeff Tibb
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
        I would guess it is a satelite.

      • empathicnitedancer@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2006
          It could be a satelite, or,depending on where YOU'RE at, it MIGHT be the International Space Station! That would be so cool.
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          I see somthing on the sky when am wathing the sky. Somthing is moving
          in the sky, its just like a star but its not twinkling. Whats that?
          some one please answer me.
        • Dave Adalian
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
            As the others said, what you saw was probably a satellite.  To find out for sure, go to http://www.heavens-above.com/, enter your location when prompted, and the site will give you links to listings of visible satellites, their locations in the sky and the times they're visible.  Once you've seen for yourself what a satellite looks like, you'll know if what you've seen is satellite or not.

            Heavens-Above will also let you look at past satellite passes, so if you remember the date, time and location in the sky of the object you saw, you'll be able to tell if there was a satellite passing at that time.

            Clear skies!

            I see somthing on the sky when am wathing the sky. Somthing is moving
            in the sky, its just like a star but its not twinkling. Whats that?
            some one please answer me.

          • ajit.mech
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
              confidently i not say that but i think it is space ship.
            • Dave Adalian
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
                What do you mean by spaceship?  If you mean the ISS or the Space Shuttle, it's possible, though I don't remember the date of the sighting.  If you mean a UFO, then it's highly unlikely.

                confidently i not say that but i think it is space ship.

              • d_wilson@ntlworld.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                  What makes you think it was a spaceship and not a satellite/spacestation??

                  > From: "ajit.mech" <ajit.mech@...>
                  > Date: 2006/10/05 Thu PM 01:22:01 BST
                  > To: wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [Wanna be Astronomers] something on the sky
                  >
                  > confidently i not say that but i think it is space ship.

                  Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
                  Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software
                • ajit patole
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                    ufo means undetected forien object & actualy spaceship means the space shuttle.

                    Dave Adalian <dpalta@...> wrote:
                    What do you mean by spaceship?  If you mean the ISS or the Space Shuttle, it's possible, though I don't remember the date of the sighting.  If you mean a UFO, then it's highly unlikely.

                    confidently i not say that but i think it is space ship.

                    god bless you .

                  • Gregg
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 24, 2006
                      UFO is short for Unidentified Flying Object

                      --- In wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com, ajit patole <ajit.mech@...>
                      wrote:

                      > ufo means undetected forien object & actualy spaceship means the
                      space shuttle.
                    • pygmando
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                        --- In wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com, ajit patole
                        <ajit.mech@...> wrote:
                        It is Unidentified flying object. It could be the moon.
                        Joe

                        > ufo means undetected forien object & actualy spaceship means the
                        space shuttle.

                        > Dave Adalian <dpalta@...> wrote: What do you mean by
                        spaceship? If you mean the ISS or the Space Shuttle, it's possible,
                        though I don't remember the date of the sighting. If you mean a UFO,
                        then it's highly unlikely.

                        > -- Dave
                        > http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/

                        Version 8. Get it NOW