Interactive Mapping of US Observatories, Planetariums and Astronomy Clubs

  • cijedc
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 12:45 PM
      Hi,
      I am writing to let people know that MapMuse.com has added
      nationwide maps of Observatories, Planeteriums and Astronomy Clubs
      to its services. Following is the link to the Astronomy Directory,
      which has the links to the topical maps:

      http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/mmHomeInterestsList.php?cat=Astronomy

      The idea is for astronomy enthusiasts to build upon what we have
      started by correcting/editing and adding observatories,
      planetariums, and astronomy clubs to the maps themselves (currently
      we have over 175 observatories, 125 planeteriums and 115 astronomy
      clubs listed on our maps). Please note that descriptive information,
      as well as photos can be added to the profiles by our visitors.
      There is an ADD and EDIT feature on the site. Through this kind of
      community effort, we hope to have the most comprehensive, and
      descriptive maps for astronomy enthusiasts to use at home, and on
      their travels. We would appreciate if you would participate in the
      process, by checking if your local observatories, planetariums, and
      clubs are mapped, enhancing information as you see fit, and adding
      places and clubs that we missed. Also, if you find these maps
      useful, please pass the word on to like-minded friends.

      Lastly, if you have an astronomy related website, we would
      appreciate a link.

      Thanks,

      Cindy Jett
      MapMuse.com