Re: [Wanna be Astronomers] New to group

  • quintaxica
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 6, 2005
      Hey, I'm just north of Fresno.

      Know of good places to get astronomy fixes and equipment, and gatherings?
    • Victoria Walters
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 7, 2005
        A recent Internet search led me to a group in Tulare, which is south
        of where I am...and even further south from you.

        --- In wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com, "quintaxica"
        <kinetica@e...> wrote:

        > Hey, I'm just north of Fresno.
        >
        > Know of good places to get astronomy fixes and equipment, and
        gatherings?

      • Jeff Tibb
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 7, 2005
          The Sky & Telescope website has an active directory of
          clubs nationwide.

          You can also make contact with the Astronomical League
          which is the parent organization for most clubs and
          they too can steer you in the right direction.

          I strongly encourage anyone who is interested in
          astronomy to visit with your local 'real life'
          astronomy club. They are usually very friendly and
          knowledgable and can help you get started in the right
          way. (ie. Don't spend a lot of money right away! Visit
          with folks who know things first.)

          --- Victoria Walters <vikilee2004@...> wrote:

          > A recent Internet search led me to a group in
          > Tulare, which is south
          > of where I am...and even further south from you.
          >
          > --- In wannabeastronomers@yahoogroups.com,
          > "quintaxica"
          > <kinetica@e...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey, I'm just north of Fresno.
          > >
          > > Know of good places to get astronomy fixes and
          > equipment, and
          > gatherings?

        • Dave Adalian
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 7, 2005
            For Fresno astronomy gatherings, try this:

          • douglaswheelock@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 5 3:28 AM
              Hi all,
              My name is Doug and live in Nottinghamshire UK, have had an interest in astronomy for many years but have never done anything about it until now. Recently purchased a basic telescope 50mm with 500mm focal range, starting off with basic equipment until i gain more experience and then will invest in better upgrade or put an offer in for hubble. Anyway thats the intro over with and look forward to taking part in the group..