Observing M 31, the Andromeda galaxy

  • Math Heijen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2004
      Hi All,

      I just added a new article to my site in the "Focus on...." section:
      Observing M 31,the Andromeda Galaxy. In the article you will
      find a little history of observing M 31, four of my own observing
      reports, what to expect when observing M 31, where to find
      M 31 (finder chart included), a table of data on M 31, M 32 and
      M110, some interesting links to detailed online photographic
      atlases of M 31 and more. I illustrated the article with sketches
      Al Sufi and Charles Messier. I also would like to thank Sue
      French, Robert Gendler and Martin Germano who granted me
      permission to use some of their images/sketches for my article.
      Just follow this link to read the full story:

      http://www.backyard-astro.com/focusonarchive/m31/m31.html

      Enjoy!

      Math
      http://www.backyard-astro.com