Images through the eyepiece

  • KipperKid
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi, Looking through the images listed in the beginners lessons reminded me of a web site I had been pointed to from another astronomy group. It is a collection of drawings, done from views through a telescope or bino's. The site is at http://www.skyrover.net/ds/ and has a neat little button that inverts the image to negative so it looks almost exactly as you would see yourself. Most of the views are with an 8" f5 newt, so comparable views are very achievable by your average amateur with a backyard scope.
      I just can't get over the amount of work that must have gone into making some 800 plus drawings of his observations. All pics are listed in 12 standard catalogues (NGC is broken into 000's).
      Thanks for all the lessons Jeff, but how about some southern ones ;-)
      Cheers Roger

    • jefftibb
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
        Thanks for the link Roger. I'm afraid that Sagittarius is about as
        far south as going to be able to do unless someone gives me a grant
        to study the skies over New Zealand for a few months...

        ;-)