Alt/Az.

  • sa_kendall
    Message 1 of 3540 , Jul 5, 2001
      I have recently purchased a 12" Dobsonian on an
      alt az mounting. With my previous equatorial mounting
      I found it easy to find objects by working out
      their hour angle from their RA and local sidereal time.
      local sidereal time? I cannot seem to find the equation
    • jefftibb
      Message 3540 of 3540 , Mar 13, 2002
        The SEDS site has a short list of Messier
        Marathon locations where people will congregate to count
        the Messier Objects.<br><br>If you would like to join
        a group and do it check out this