Fwd: Doctor, Why are You Irresponsible?

  • Husin Pawiro
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2012

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Mustaffa Mohammad <musparajabp@...>
      Date: Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM
      Subject: Doctor, Why are You Irresponsible?

      Something nice to share with you all ... It's true that we are
      culprits of this sometimes.. But deep down, we will always want the
      best for each other... :)

      Please read right to the end to appreciate the moral behind the story...

      "The doctor was called one evening for an urgent surgery. He answered
      the call, changed to appropriate work clothes, reached hospital in
      minutes & went directly to the surgery block.

      He found the boy's father waiting, in the hall for the doctor.

      On seeing him, the dad yelled: "Why did you take all this time to come?
      Don't you know that my son's life is in danger? Don't you have any
      sense of responsibility?”

      The doctor smiled & said:
      "I am sorry, I wasn't in the hospital & I came as fast as I could
      after receiving the call...... And now, I wish you'd calm down so that
      I can do my work"

      "Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down?

      If your own son dies now what will you do??" said the father angrily

      The doctor smiled again & replied:
      "I will say what "Job" said in the Holy Bible: "From dust we came & to
      dust we return, blessed be the name of God".

      Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do
      our best by God's grace"

      "Giving advises when we're not concerned is so easy" Murmured the father.

      The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy,
      "Thank goodness!, your son is saved!" And without waiting for the
      father's reply he carried on his way running.  "If you have any
      question, ask the nurse!!"

      "Why is he so arrogant? He couldn't wait some minutes so that I could
      ask about my son's state" Commented the father when seeing the nurse
      minutes after the doctor left.

      The nurse answered, tears streaming down her face:
      "His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was at the burial when
      we called him for your son's surgery. And now that he has saved your
      son's life, he is running to finish his son's burial.

      "Never judge anyone... because you never know how their life is & what
      they're going through!!!