Introduction and a question or two (long)

  • leatherwork@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2011
      Hello

      Yippeee.... just got my new member package. #3192 cannot figure out why that number seems familiar to me but that's it.

      My name is Charles, Mount Vernon WA. Here is a little bit of what brought me to explore WIN.

      While shopping at Walmart I noticed a large number of RVs in the parking lot grouped together. (hmmmm what the heck are these hoodlums doing here?) So OK I circled the area they were parked. Almost all had this checkered flag with the red WIN. Ok they cannot all be winners of something or what. Most all had a torpedo (kayak) strapped to em. Some kind of invasion force?

      They must be out attacking some other part of this lovely area I live in. There was NO ONE in their invasion task force transports. As I prepared a plan of counterattack, noticed one transport with a retired Navy decal. OK something in common, I am a Retired USAF Master Sergeant. Not being an intimidated sort, I left a note at this transports door.

      ackkkkk.... I left my phone number on that note. OH NO!!!! Will they search me out... I would be outnumbered. Well OK I did not go back and take that note down.

      I had left that note on the transport of Curt Pyeatt #2155. He called me and we introduced ourselves. Laughing that one of the first things he asked me... how old are ya and if I was single? Whew thankfully I am not over age orrrr toooo young. Single well yup by some choice.

      We got together that evening and I got more than an earful of great information. Judy was with him and she helped answer some questions.

      Curt gave me an older WINdows newsletter. I read that completely with interest.

      I had only recently looked at single RVer groups. The number one thing that spurred my interest... ACTIVE. Looks like WIN members stay very active and out doing things. Learned first hand that no one seemed to be around during the day. I met with the group for one of the WINers Circle. BTW this was the NWT group. Was impressed with the activities they had been participating in and planned to.

      Been preparing for a long journey. Traveled before for 7 months with no real destination 18 years ago. Was alone and stopping to see some old USAF friends and family.

      Have recently purchased a used 91 Airex, 29 ft Class A. Towing a Daewoo wagon on a dolly. Updating some items and adding electronics.

      This new journey has a bit of a theme... Aeronautical museums. First part of the trip is a shot to Xenia Ohio to see my son. After that a long road trip. I will certainly catch with WIN gatherings and caravans as travel places allow.

      My interests are: Leather Work, geocaching, museums, antique and custom cars, computers, 1911 handguns and photography.

      A question or two:

      I plan on doing a frequent maybe a daily blog. Anyone have recommendations for where to post blog?

      I was thinking a facebook page. Have named the Airex.. Starship Condor.. ok star-trekkie. But it is a bit of an ugly rig. Condors are not necessarily pretty.

      What or where would you more likely read a blog from?

      Well ok... that is a lot of information. Feel free to write me at leatherwork@... if you dont want to post a response.

      Thanks for reading.

      Charles #3192
      Mount Vernon WA
      360 421 7155
    • leatherwork@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2011
        hmmm I forgot that attachments dont work well from within yahoogroups and they do not seem to like email address's.

        I uploaded some images to a Photo Album.. Starship Condor

        you can write me at leatherwork at live dot com

        Charles

        --- In wandering_wins@yahoogroups.com, "leatherwork@..." <leatherwork@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > Have recently purchased a used 91 Airex, 29 ft Class A. Towing a Daewoo wagon on a dolly. Updating some items and adding electronics.
        >
        > This new journey has a bit of a theme... Aeronautical museums. First part of the trip is a shot to Xenia Ohio to see my son. After that a long road trip. I will certainly catch with WIN gatherings and caravans as travel places allow.
        >
        > My interests are: Leather Work, geocaching, museums, antique and custom cars, computers, 1911 handguns and photography.
        >
        > A question or two:
        >
        > I plan on doing a frequent maybe a daily blog. Anyone have recommendations for where to post blog?
        >
        > I was thinking a facebook page. Have named the Airex.. Starship Condor.. ok star-trekkie. But it is a bit of an ugly rig. Condors are not necessarily pretty.
        >
        > What or where would you more likely read a blog from?

      • ConnieB
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2011
          Check out Blogspot.com. It's easy to set up and customize your blog there and to attach pictures too.