interpretation for english

  • brittany_26726
    Message 1 of 162 , Nov 14, 2001
      hey everyone im new here..i was just wonderin if
      anyone knows what whitman is meaning in this part of
      song of myself? like what do u think this part of the
      poem is about? or what he is referring to? or anything
      spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me, he complains of my
      gab and my loitering.<br><br>I too am not a bit
      tamed, I too am untranslatable,<br>I sound my barbaric
      yawp over the roofs of the world.<br><br>The last scud
      of day holds back for me,<br>It flings my likeness
      after the rest and true as any on the
      as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway
      sun,<br>I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy
      jags.<br>I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the
      grass I love,<br>If you want me again look for me under
      your boot-soles.<br><br>You will hardly know who I am
      or what I mean,<br>But I shall be good health to you
      fetch me at first keep encouraged,<br>Missing me one
      place search another,<br>I stop somewhere waiting for
      you.
    • akashps2000
      Message 162 of 162 , Jan 8, 2002