Upcoming Walks

    Message 1 of 83 , Sep 20, 2013
      9/28/2013
      City / State: Issaquah, WA
      Event Name: Autumn in Issaquah Highlands
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95768
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6K/10K/14K - 2B
      walk at the picnic shelter in Central Park in the Issaquah Highlands.
      Beautiful walk on trails and sidewalks through the villages and parks of
      the Highlands. Grand views along the walk. Surface paved for about 2/3.
      Soft groomed trail for 1/3.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00am-12:00pm finish by 3:00pm
      Location: Issaquah Highlands Central Park
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1907 NE Park Drive, Issaquah, WA
      From I-90 Eastbound take exit 18. Keep left at the fork to merge to
      Highlands Dr NE. Right on NE Federal Dr. Keep right at the fork to NE
      Park Dr. Turn right into Central Park. Right at College Way down the
      hill to the parking lot of Grand View School. After parking walk up the
      hill and cross Park Dr. RIGHT then LEFT to Picnic Shelter for walk
      start. There is very limited parking in the lot adjacent to the Picnic
      Shelter
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Sharon Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      ===================
      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70
      ===================

      10/4/2013 - 10/6/2013
      City / State: Snoqualmie Pass, WA
      ==
      Event Name: Granite Mountain Trail
      Event Type: Walk Event ID: 95381
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10km - 4D
      switchbacking through thick forest and out onto the open crossing
      avalanche slopes to reach the ridge top and broad views of Mt Rainier,
      Stuart, Glacier, Baker, and the backbone of the Cascade Mountain Rainge.
      From the ridge climb up over large boulders to the summit lookout @
      5,629 feet.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: No
      Start Times: 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon
      ==
      Event Name: Masson Lake/Mt Defiance trail
      Event Type: Walk Event ID: 95382
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10km/16.6km - 5D
      Junction. Continue on less strenuous climb into Alpine Lakes Wilderness
      on trail down to Masson Lake and over a short divide and switch-back
      through heavy forest onto south slope of Mt Defiance with views of Mt
      Rainier, Mt Adams, Bandera Mountain and Masson Lake. Traverse across
      open slope where trail goes around corner to plunge back into forest
      finding an unmarked narrow trail that leads straight up the west flank
      of Mt Defiance to the summit. elevation gain is 3,564 feet in 8.3km out
      and back, 1,800 feet in 5.1km out and back
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: No
      Start Times: 7:00am (according to AVA site)
      ==
      Event Name: Snow Lake Trail
      Event Type: Walk Event ID: 95383
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10.8km/14.2km - 2D
      rocky trail that traverses the hillside across avalanche chutes and
      ascends through a huge mountain hemlock forest, across talus fields to
      reach the Source Lake overlook junction. Take round-trip spur across
      rock slopes to view the source of the South Fork Snoqualmie River.
      Return to main trail and continue following switch-backs up along a
      sometimes rocky trail to log steps to cross into Alpine Lakes Wilderness
      boundary crossing over onto the lip of Snow Lake basin and begin to
      descend. Visible through the trees, the lake lies beyond a talus field,
      the ruins of a stone walled cabin, waterfall and pool. Elevation gain is
      1,644 feet for 7.1km out and back, 1,000 feet for 5.4km out and back.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: No
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon
      ==
      Event Name: Kendall Katwalk Trail
      Event Type: Walk Event ID: 95384
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 13.3km/18.4km - 3D
      day hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. Kendal Katwalk, a natural bridge or
      saddle located 5.5 miles up the trail between Kendal Peak and Red
      Mountain. Follow rocky trail switchbacks that meander across ancient
      rock slides, through towering forest, alongside sloping clefts, past
      spectacular views of Red Mountain, Granite Mountain, Snoqualmie Pass and
      Mt Rainier to aBove treeline, and around a prominent rock point to the
      back side of Kendal Mountain to the Katwalk. Elevation gain is 2,300
      feet for 9.2km out and back, 1,800 feet for 6.6km out and back.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 7:00am (according to AVA site)
      ==
      Location: Summit Inn @ Snoqualmie Pass, 603 SR 906, Snoqualmie,
      Washington/Dirty Harry's Peak Trail
      Start Point / Driving Directions: I-90 EASTBOUND: Exit #47, to RIGHT
      on SR906 to Summit Inn on LEFT.
      I-90 WESTBOUND: Exit #52 to RIGHT then LEFT AT "T" to SR906. RIGHT to
      Summit Inn on RIGHT side of SR906.
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: Register at the Summit Inn and drive to trail-head start.
      Pets must be on leash at all times on trail.
      Washington State Discovery Pass required.
      Host Club: Four-Plus Foolhardy Folks
      Contact: Batson, Dorman (253) 517-9634
      Website: http://fourplushikers.org/upcoming_index_files/Page401.htm
      E-Mail Contact: dlbatsonfedwy@...

      10/5/2013
      City / State: Spokane, WA
      Event Name: Volkswalk with "Walk to End Alzheimer's"
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 96287
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5k 10k - 1A
      Association's "Walk to End Alzheimer's". The 5 K route is their walk and
      is an out oand back on the Centennial Trail along the Spokane River. For
      those wishing to complete 10K the LCVA will have an extension of the
      route in the gonzaga University area before rejoining the 5 K back to
      the start/finish.
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Walking America's Trails
      Start Times: 10:00 am
      Location: Riverfront Park North Bank Shelter
      Start Point / Driving Directions: From I-90 follow the signs to
      Riverfront Park. Parking can be found near the Veteran's Arena and the
      Civic Theater (Boone and Howard) and along city streets. The North Bank
      Shelter is at the north end of the Blue Bridge east of the Flour Mill.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Registration will be available from 8:00-9:45 am at which
      time the participants will join other walkers for the opening ceremonies
      for the "Walk to End Alzheimer's." The trail will open at 10:00 am. All
      record keeping will occur at the time of registration. In addition to
      the IVV/AVA registration process ALL participants must also register
      on-line for the "Walk to End Alzheimer's" at http://act.alz.org/Spokane.
      Though not required all participants are encouraged to contribute to
      this great cause. A map of Riverfront Park can be found on-line.
      Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Allan Heritage (509) 465-2690
      Website: lilaccityvolks.com
      E-Mail Contact: agheritage@...

      10/5/2013
      City / State: Fort Lewis, WA
      Event Name: JBLM OKTOBERFEST 2013
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95951
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5km/10km - 1A
      Gray Army Airfield, to the Fort Lewis Museum and return. Walk is on
      sidewalks and other paved surfaces. Credit only $3. Free participants
      are welcome but all must register, carry, and return a Start Card.
      Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00a.m to 1:00p.m. Finish by 4:00p.m.
      Location: JBLM/Joint Base Lewis McChord/Ft. Lewis Reservation
      Start Point / Driving Directions: I-5 Northbound and Southbound take
      Exit 121. Pass through Ft. Lewis main gate. Continue on 41st Division
      Drive, through 3 traffic lights. Turn RIGHT on Liggett Avenue to the
      First traffic light, then LEFT behind the bowling alley. Look for the
      BIG WHITE TENT, which is the Start/Finish.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Water and restrooms at Start/Finish and Control Point.
      Pets permitted, but NOT in buildings. Owners are responsible for leash
      and clean-up laws. Start/Finish is located in tent at the site of the
      Oktoberfest. German food, beer, and Oomph band music will be there for
      all to enjoy.
      Non-military will be sent a vehicle pass to enter JBLM, upon request.
      Email your First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name and Date of Birth to
      the following by Sept 19, 2013. A pass will be sent to you. EMAIL:
      gloria.h.tomczewski.naf@...
      Host Club: Evergreen Wanderers
      Contact: Chuck Repik (253) 582-7474
      Website: evergreenwanderers.homestead.com
      E-Mail Contact: crepik@...

      10/12/2013
      City / State: Cashmere, WA
      Event Name: Honoring Bavarian Volkssport Assoc
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 96293
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 6K/10K - 1B
      through the town of Cashmere, WA. Cashmere is located in the
      geographical center of the state of WA. This "American small town" is
      noted as "Tree City USA". Be sure to stop for samples at the Aplets and
      Cotlets factory.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00am-12:00pm finish by 3:00pm
      Location: American Legion Hall
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 401 Sunset Hwy. From US2: Exit
      onto Aplets Way. Continue .4 mi to Sunset Way. RIGHT on Sunset Way.
      American Legion Hall is on your left.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Bavarian Volkssport Association is ending as a club the
      end of this year. Many of the seasonal walks in Wenatchee and
      Leavenworth are still open for your enjoyment. Yakima Valley Sun
      Striders will be continuing some of these walks. Come for the weekend
      and enjoy the fall and walking in Central Washington.
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Sharon Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      Name: ___________________________________________________________

      Address: _______________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State: _________ Country: _________

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)
      Message 83 of 83 , Apr 21
        ********************************
        WALKING ADVENTURES INTERNATIONAL
        NEW – Smoky Mountains Fall Foliage 2017 * ADDITIONAL DEPARTURE!
        October 16-21, 2017 * 6 Days * $2075
        Due to the popularity of our current Smoky Mountains Fall Foliage tour,
        we have opened up an additional 2017 departure!
        The delightful North Carolina city of Asheville provides an outstanding
        base from which to explore the surrounding lush Appalachian and Blue
        Ridge region. Within close driving range to Asheville are a host of
        other terrific destinations to experience, including the dazzling Blue
        Ridge Parkway, rugged Linville Gorge, Moses Cone Memorial Park, Smoky
        Mountains Railroad, Chimney Rock, and the wonderful waterfalls of DuPont
        State Forest. All of this, and much more, will be explored from our home
        base in downtown Asheville, where you can unpack and unwind for five
        nights of fun during our Smoky Mountains Fall Foliage Adventure!
        Check out the itinerary here:
        https://walkingadventures.com/adventures/smoky-mountains-tour/
        NEW TRAVELER DISCOUNT ~ New Travelers receive a $100 discount off the
        tour price!
        Contact us with any questions at 800.779.0353 or fun@...!
        ********************************
        WALKING ADVENTURES INTERNATIONAL – ABOUT US
        We have been walking the world for over 25 years! We offer 7-14 day
        walking tours on all 7 continents. Our small office is located in
        Vancouver, Washington, and you can check us out online at
        www.walkingadventures.com.
        ********************************

        4/29/2017
        City / State: Steilacoom, WA
        Event Name: Honoring Our Deceased Volkswalkers
        Event Type: Guided Walk
        Event ID: 107712
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 and 10km - 2B
        through wetlands area.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Honoring Our Flag, Ice Cream Parlors, United
        States Post Offices, Volcanoes
        Start Times: 9 am
        Location: Steilacoom Library, 2950 Steilacoom Blvd.,
        Start Point / Driving Directions: From I-5 Exit 129 (So. 72nd St).
        Southbound Get in right lane on off-ramp following So. 74th St
        Westbound. Turn right onto So. 74th St. and follow it for 2.1 miles.
        After crossing Lakewood Dr. W., So. 74th becomes Custer Rd W. Follow
        Custer for 1.3 miles merging into right lane. Stay in right lane as it
        turn right onto 88th St W. After the first traffic signal 88th merges
        into Steilacoom Blvd. SW. Follow Steilacoom Blvd. for 2 miles to
        Sentinel/Far West Dr SW. RIGHT onto Sentinel/Far West for 2 blocks.
        Parking in High School lot on LEFT. Follow arrows to Library start
        point. Northbound Get in left lane at end of off-ramp and turn left onto
        So. 72nd St. After crossing over I-5, So. 72nd St. becomes So.74th St.
        Follow directions above to start point.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Restrooms at start/finish. Pets not allowed in library. A
        cake will commerate our deceased volkswalkers. Coffee/water will also be
        available.
        Host Club: Evergreen Wanderers
        Contact: Charles Repik (253) 582-7474
        Website: www.evergreenwanderers.homestead.com
        E-Mail Contact: crepik@...

        5/6/2017
        City / State: Spokane, WA
        Event Name: Spring on the South Hill
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 107710
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K, 5K - 2A
        the same location.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Bridges - Spanning the USA, Cities in Song,
        Honoring Our Flag, Make a Wish at a Water Fountain, National Register of
        Historic Places, Take a Walk In a City Park
        Start Times: 9:00 am - 12:00 Noon
        Location: Manito Park Annex
        Start Point / Driving Directions: From I-90 Eastbound take Exit 280
        to Maple. RIGHT on Maple, continue on Male, staying in the left lane as
        it changes to Cedar to 14th. LEFT on 14th to Bernard. RIGHT on Bernard
        to 21st. LEFT on 21st to Manito Park. LEFT into park and then LEFT into
        parking lot. Follow signs to the start/registration point. I-90
        Westbound, Exit 280A to Maple. LEFT on Maple and continue as above.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: REGISTRATION FOR AVA credit for Volkssport at Bloomsday 41
        is available only during this event.
        Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
        Contact: Allan G. Heritage (509) 465-2690
        Website: lilaccityvolks.com
        E-Mail Contact: agheritage@...

        5/7/2017
        City / State: Spokane, WA
        Event Name: Volkssport at Bloomsday 41
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 107709
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 12 K - 2A
        the actual event involving 40,000 plus participants. DO NOT include your
        AVA fees with your Bloomsday Registration.
        Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Bridges - Spanning the USA, Cities in Song,
        Honoring Our Flag, National Register of Historic Places, Trekking With
        the Trees, You'll Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: Determined by Bib Color
        Location: Riverside Ave, Spokane, WA
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Eastbound I-90 Exit 280 to Maple,
        Right on Maple, stay in left lane as it changes to Cedar to 14th. Left
        turn on 14th to Bernard. Right on Bernard to 21st Ave. Turn left and
        continue to park entrance. parking lot on left. follow signs to
        registration point at Manito Park Annex
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: All participants must register for and adhere to Bloomsday
        Association Requirements. Staging for this event is on Riverside in
        downtown Spokane. AVA registration and paperwork associated with IVV/AVA
        credit will be accomplished at the South Hill Spring Walk on Saturday,
        May 6, 2017, at Manito Park Annex 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
        Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
        Contact: Allan G. Heritage (509) 465-2690
        Website: lilaccityvolks.com
        E-Mail Contact: agheritage@...

        5/13/2017
        City / State: McMillin, WA
        Event Name: Walk the Trail
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 107491
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K and 5K - 1A
        Rails-to-Trails Trail. There be a separate routes for the 5K and 10K on
        this paved trail along farmlands of the Orting Valley.
        Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: easy | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Bridges - Spanning the USA, Cities in Song,
        Honoring Our Flag, Volcanoes, Walking the USA A - Z
        Start Times: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
        Location: Mc Millin Grange
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 12615 SR 162 E. Puyallup. WA 98374
        From SR 167 take SR 410 (Sumner) to second Sumner Exit/SR 162. Right on
        SR 162 toward Orting. Mc Millin Grange will be on your left.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: If you would like to Bike the Orting Bike YRE we will have
        the signup at the start point.
        Host Club: Daffodil Valley Volkssport Association
        Contact: John (253) 845-6592
        Website: www.daffodilvalleyvolkssport.com
        E-Mail Contact: warhol66@...

        5/20/2017
        City / State: Fort Lewis, Washington, WA
        Event Name: Armed Forces Day Walk 2017
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 107783
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K, 10 K - 1B
        exit 119 (Steilacoom/Dupont). Turn east and enter the Joint Base JBLM
        security gate, where you will be directed to a parking area.
        Participants will be bused to the start/finish area. Vehicles with
        Military Decals: Take I-5, Exit 120. Enter at the main gate. Stay on
        41st Division and follow signs to parking on Ligget Avenue, across from
        the theater.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: No |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
        Location: Joint Base Lewis McChord, Fort Lewis
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Joint Base Lewis McChord, Fort Lewis
        Carey Theater
        Ligget Avenue
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Water and restrooms near the start/finish. Water only at
        the checkpoints. Pets are not permitted on the buses. Armed Forces Day
        will include displays of military equipment, food, game booths, and
        family activities. Currently the base is asking for either enhanced
        driver's license and or Passport to obtain entry. We will update this
        information as we get closer to May 20th.
        Pets are permitted on the base, but not on the buses. Owners must
        maintain control of their pet, and obey scoop laws.
        Host Club: Sea-Tac Volkssports Club
        Contact: Fran Carson (206) 788-7969
        Website: No Website Listed
        E-Mail Contact: eldercounselor@...
        =====
        How to Subscribe
        If you have friends who want to subscribe to WalkWashington emails, tell
        them to send a blank email message to:
        walkwashington-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        ===
        WalkWashington Facebook Page
        https://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington
        ===
        OTSVA Winter Walk Contest has been extended for an additional month till
        April 30th, since there was so much poor weather in the first part of
        this year.
        The completed logs need now be submited by May 8th to me for the drawing
        during the OTSVA Meeting in May 2017.
        Details: http://walkoregon.org/2017-winter-walk-to-win-contest/
        Log:
        http://walkoregon.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017WinterWalkContestESVA-2.pdf

        9-digit Zip: ____________

        Checks made payable to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        4430 S 263rd Street
        Kent WA 98032

        (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)