Federal Way Rhododendron Garden Easter Saturday Walk

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2013
      City / State: Federal Way, WA
      Event Name: Easter
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93273
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1B
      Weyerhaeuser Headquarters. Includes the Rhododendron Garden and Pacific
      Rim Bonsai collection.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9 until 1; finish by 4
      Location: Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 33663 South Weyerhaeuser Way Federal
      Way, WA 98003
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: NOTE WELL: We have moved the walk this year from the
      UW/Arboretum. A multi-colored patch of Weyerhaeuser's HQ Bldg is
      available; 30 only and no reorders. Pre-orders for the patch (includes
      credit) are $XXX @ and must be post-marked no later than March 25th.
      Make checks payable to ECW and mail to ECW, c/o David Madsen, 1112 NW
      61st St, Seattle, WA 98107. Pets permitted but not in Rhododendrom or
      Bonsai Gardesn; an alternate route will be available
      Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
      Contact: Preston Johnson (253) 839-1892
      Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
      E-Mail Contact: eldercounselor@...

      Walking Readers' Choice Awards 2013

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs

      Join our Facebook Group

      Follow Me on Twitter

      City / State: Bellevue, WA
      Event Name: Explore the Trails and Treasures in South Bellevue
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 95578
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 2B
      Beach Park, Beaux Arts Village and Bellevue Neighborhoods
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00am, Finish by 12:00pm
      Location: South Bellevue Park and Ride
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 2700 Bellevue Way SE Bellevue, WAFrom
      I-90 - Exit Bellevue Way SE from Eastbound or Westbound. Continue to P
      and R on your right. Look for us in the southeast corner.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This is a Guided Walk. Please arrive, sign in and be ready to
      walk by 9:00am. We are walking in sensative wetlands with some
      boardwalks and trails.
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Sharon Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      City / State: Seattle, WA
      Event Name: Chief Sealth Trail Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93071
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 km, 5km - 2B
      Chief Sealth Trail created on Beacon Hill from recycled soils from the
      Link Light Rail project. The 10 K route also includes walking on a
      gravel path down through Cheasty Greenspace, part of the Olmstead
      Legacy, to newly landscaped neighborhoods along the Link Light Rail
      route, through historic Columbia City and returns up Beacon Hill and
      more of the Chief Sealth Trail. See Mt. Rainier in the distance. The 5 K
      route is rated 1A. Washington State Challenges (not all of which are
      available on the 5 K route): Bakeries, City Parks, Clock Towers, King
      County, Mountains, and Valleys.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: No
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Celebrating Golden Cinemas,
      Murals, Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9:00 am-1 pm
      Location: Saint Mark's Lutheran Church, 6020 Beacon Ave. S., Seattle WA,
      Start Point / Driving Directions: I-5 NORTHBOUND: Exit 161 (Swift Ave.
      S./Albro Place). LEFT on Swift Ave. S. First RIGHT onto S. Graham St.
      LEFT on Beacon Ave. S. St. Mark's Lutheran Church is on Right.
      I-5 SOUTHBOUND: Exit 161 (Swift Ave. S./Albro Place). LEFT on Albro
      Place. Cross freeway and turn RIGHT on Swift Ave. S. Take 3rd LEFT onto
      S. Graham St. Continue as above.
      Metro bus route #36
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: There are no restrooms on the 5 K route. Restrooms are
      available on the 10 K route at the Columbia City Library and various
      Pets permitted, but NOT in building(s. Owners responsible for leash and
      clean up laws.
      Host Club: FS Family Wanderers
      Contact: Linda Ellingboe (206) 789-4796
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: lindaelli@...

      City / State: Vancouver, WA
      Event Name: Sakura (Cherry Tree) Fest Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95592
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5km or 10km - 1A
      bloom Shirofugen cherry trees at Clark College. View the outside
      ceremony at 1pm at the garden. From 2pm-4pm the Sakura celebration will
      be in Gaiser Student Center where guests can enjoy activities including
      formal tea ceremony and calligraphy demonstrations. All events are free.
      Most of the walk will be on city sidewalks, Suitable for strollers.
      Wheel chairs will have difficulty, as not all curbs are cut.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm; Finish by 4pm
      Location: Marshall Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98663,
      Main Lobby
      Start Point / Driving Directions: I-5: Exit #1C (Mill Plain Blvd/
      Ft Vancouver Way. LEFT on E McLoughlin Blvd. Marshall Center on LEFT
      before underpass.
      Park on East side of Marshall Ctr. or use street parking.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Water and restrooms at start/finish and along the route. Pets
      permitted on walk but NOT in building. Owners responsible for leash and
      clean up laws.
      Challenges: ESVA: City Parks & Clark Parks, Additional AVA challenges
      will be listed at the start
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Contact: Romana Paynter (360) 521-8288
      Website: www.VancouverUSAVolkssporters.org
      E-Mail Contact: romapaynter@...

      Victoria Phoenix Walking Festival - Canada
      April 19-21
      Hello Walkers! As you may know the 3 Volkssport clubs of Victoria will
      jointly host the third exciting Phoenix Walking Festival on April 19-21
      – only two months from now! The spring weather is here already, flowers
      are blooming and trees are starting to form their beautiful blossoms.
      So, this a lovely place to be and we invite you all to come and join us
      for our event and meet many old and new friends.
      Full details about the event are available on the website www.vvpf.ca or
      you can email vvpf@... if you have any questions. Already,
      registrations are pouring in from many clubs in Canada and the USA. The
      two hotels that are offering special prices to attendees are listed on
      the website but their rooms are limited. Most registrants are also
      signing up for the dinner on Saturday night and, again, there is a limit
      on how many we can accept. So, if you are planning to attend, or
      considering attending, I urge you to sign up quickly. This will help us
      to get a handle on numbers and will ensure that you are not disappointed.
      We are looking forward to greeting you in April.
      David Cattrall

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)