Upcoming Walks

    Message 1 of 71 , Mar 22, 2013
      3/30/2013
      City / State: Federal Way, WA
      Event Name: Easter
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93273
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1B
      Weterhaeuser Headquarters. Includes the Rhododendron Garden and Pacific
      Rim Bonsai collection.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9 until 1; finish by 4
      Location: Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 33663 South Weyerhaeuser Way Federal
      Way, WA 98003
      Awards & Fees: A Award
      Comments: NOTE WELL: We have moved the walk this year from the
      UW/Arboretum. A multi-colored patch of Weyerhaeuser's HQ Bldg is
      available; 30 only and no reorders. Pre-orders for the patch (includes
      credit) are $XXX @ and must be post-marked no later than March 25th.
      Make checks payable to ECW and mail to ECW, c/o David Madsen, 1112 NW
      61st St, Seattle, WA 98107. Pets permitted but not in Rhododendrom or
      Bonsai Gardesn; an alternate route will be available
      Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
      Contact: Preston Johnson (253) 839-1892
      Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
      E-Mail Contact: eldercounselor@...

      ===================
      Walking Readers' Choice Awards 2013
      Winners revealed March 27
      http://walking.about.com/od/gear/tp/2013-Readers-Choice-Awards-Walking.htm

      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70
      ===================

      4/6/2013
      City / State: Bellevue, WA
      Event Name: Explore the Trails and Treasures in South Bellevue
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 95578
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 2B
      Beach Park, Beaux Arts Village and Bellevue Neighborhoods
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00am, Finish by 12:00pm
      Location: South Bellevue Park and Ride
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 2700 Bellevue Way SE Bellevue, WAFrom
      I-90 - Exit Bellevue Way SE from Eastbound or Westbound. Continue to P
      and R on your right. Look for us in the southeast corner.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: This is a Guided Walk. Please arrive, sign in and be ready to
      walk by 9:00am. We are walking in sensative wetlands with some
      boardwalks and trails.
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Sharon Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      4/13/2013
      City / State: Seattle, WA
      Event Name: Chief Sealth Trail Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93071
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 km, 5km - 2B
      Chief Sealth Trail created on Beacon Hill from recycled soils from the
      Link Light Rail project. The 10 K route also includes walking on a
      gravel path down through Cheasty Greenspace, part of the Olmstead
      Legacy, to newly landscaped neighborhoods along the Link Light Rail
      route, through historic Columbia City and returns up Beacon Hill and
      more of the Chief Sealth Trail. See Mt. Rainier in the distance. The 5 K
      route is rated 1A. Washington State Challenges (not all of which are
      available on the 5 K route): Bakeries, City Parks, Clock Towers, King
      County, Mountains, and Valleys.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: No
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Celebrating Golden Cinemas,
      Murals, Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9:00 am-1 pm
      Location: Saint Mark's Lutheran Church, 6020 Beacon Ave. S., Seattle WA,
      98108
      Start Point / Driving Directions: I-5 NORTHBOUND: Exit 161 (Swift Ave.
      S./Albro Place). LEFT on Swift Ave. S. First RIGHT onto S. Graham St.
      LEFT on Beacon Ave. S. St. Mark's Lutheran Church is on Right.
      USE ON STREET PARKING.
      I-5 SOUTHBOUND: Exit 161 (Swift Ave. S./Albro Place). LEFT on Albro
      Place. Cross freeway and turn RIGHT on Swift Ave. S. Take 3rd LEFT onto
      S. Graham St. Continue as above.
      Metro bus route #36
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: There are no restrooms on the 5 K route. Restrooms are
      available on the 10 K route at the Columbia City Library and various
      restaurants.
      Pets permitted, but NOT in building(s. Owners responsible for leash and
      clean up laws.
      Host Club: FS Family Wanderers
      Contact: Linda Ellingboe (206) 789-4796
      Website: No Website Listed
      E-Mail Contact: lindaelli@...

      4/18/2013
      City / State: Vancouver, WA
      Event Name: Sakura (Cherry Tree) Fest Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 95592
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5km or 10km - 1A
      bloom Shirofugen cherry trees at Clark College. View the outside
      ceremony at 1pm at the garden. From 2pm-4pm the Sakura celebration will
      be in Gaiser Student Center where guests can enjoy activities including
      formal tea ceremony and calligraphy demonstrations. All events are free.
      Most of the walk will be on city sidewalks, Suitable for strollers.
      Wheel chairs will have difficulty, as not all curbs are cut.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm; Finish by 4pm
      Location: Marshall Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98663,
      Main Lobby
      Start Point / Driving Directions: I-5: Exit #1C (Mill Plain Blvd/
      SR501). NORTHBOUND RIGHT/SOUTHBOUND LEFT at E Mill Plain Blvd. LEFT on
      Ft Vancouver Way. LEFT on E McLoughlin Blvd. Marshall Center on LEFT
      before underpass.
      Park on East side of Marshall Ctr. or use street parking.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Water and restrooms at start/finish and along the route. Pets
      permitted on walk but NOT in building. Owners responsible for leash and
      clean up laws.
      Challenges: ESVA: City Parks & Clark Parks, Additional AVA challenges
      will be listed at the start
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Contact: Romana Paynter (360) 521-8288
      Website: www.VancouverUSAVolkssporters.org
      E-Mail Contact: romapaynter@...

      Victoria Phoenix Walking Festival - Canada
      April 19-21
      Hello Walkers! As you may know the 3 Volkssport clubs of Victoria will
      jointly host the third exciting Phoenix Walking Festival on April 19-21
      – only two months from now! The spring weather is here already, flowers
      are blooming and trees are starting to form their beautiful blossoms.
      So, this a lovely place to be and we invite you all to come and join us
      for our event and meet many old and new friends.
      Full details about the event are available on the website www.vvpf.ca or
      you can email vvpf@... if you have any questions. Already,
      registrations are pouring in from many clubs in Canada and the USA. The
      two hotels that are offering special prices to attendees are listed on
      the website but their rooms are limited. Most registrants are also
      signing up for the dinner on Saturday night and, again, there is a limit
      on how many we can accept. So, if you are planning to attend, or
      considering attending, I urge you to sign up quickly. This will help us
      to get a handle on numbers and will ensure that you are not disappointed.
      We are looking forward to greeting you in April.
      David Cattrall

      Name: ___________________________________________________________

      Address: _______________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State: _________ Country: _________

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)
      Message 71 of 71 , Nov 13, 2014
        11/29/2014
        City / State: Edmonds, WA
        Event Name: Turkey Trot
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98776
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10k and 5k - 2B
        Museum, Veterans Memorial, old Cinema, continue to Yost Park, Pine Ridge
        Part and Sierra Park. North Edmonds area down to Olympic View Dr and
        return to Church.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 9:00am - 12:00 noon
        Location: United Methodist Church
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 828 Caspers St I-5 exit 179,
        northbound Left, southbound Right on 220th SW, right on 9th S, Left on
        Caspers St, Left into church parking lot.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Sound Steppers will be holding their annual Food Drive for
        Edmonds Food Bank, start location for the walk.
        Host Club: Sound Steppers Volkssport Club
        Contact: Neil Smith (206) 214-5274
        Website: soundsteppers.org
        E-Mail Contact: neil.smith@...

        ==
        Time to Walk 10:11 12/13/14
        http://walking.about.com/od/volkssport/fl/10-11-12-13-14-Time-to-Walk.htm
        If your club is hosting a special walk on 12/13/14 and isn't listed,
        email walking@... to add it.

        WalkWashington Facebook Page
        https://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington
        ==

        12/6/2014
        City / State: Spokane, WA
        Event Name: Christmas Lights Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98601
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 K/5 K - 1A
        left and down the stairs.
        Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Cities in Song, Honoring Our Flag, Trekking With
        the Trees
        Start Times: 5:00-6:30
        Location: Friends Church
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 1612 W. Dalke, Spokane, WA. From
        I-90 Eastbound exit 280 (Maple Street), turn left on Walnut (which
        becomes Maple) and continue approximately 4.5 miles to Dalke, turn left
        and then right into the parking lot. Westbound I-90 exit 280, turn right
        on Walnut and follow as above. If you reach the stoplight at Francis you
        are one block to far...turn left on Francis and left on Ash to Dalke,
        left on Dalke and left into parking lot.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: The winter weather in Spokane could change the rating from
        1A due to road/sidewalk conditions. Dress appropriately for this time of
        year. Home made soups, breads and cookies will be available at the
        Start/Finish.
        Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
        Contact: Sue Keehnen (509) 327-7672
        Website: lilaccityvolks.com
        E-Mail Contact: suekeehne73@...

        12/6/2014
        City / State: Olympia, WA
        Event Name: Capitol Holiday Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98421
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K 10k - 1A
        campus, around Capitol Lake and on the boardwalk along the waterfront
        and residential area. The lighted ship parade starts to 6:00 at the
        waterfront.
        Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 3:00 to 6:00 pm
        Location: United Churches
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 110 Eleventh Ave SE, Olympia, WA.
        I-5 Northbound exit 105, Southbound Exit 105B and follow signs to State
        Capitol. Pass through roundabout and through the tunnel. RIGHT on
        Capitol Way S. RIGHT on 11th and take the first right into state parking
        lot.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: ESVA challenges: Parks, restaurants, 39 counties
        AVA challenges: Flag, Lakes, Historic Places, SNOB, Murals, Rainbow,
        Host Club: Capitol Volkssport Club
        Contact: Susan Berry (360) -49-7266
        Website: www.capitolvolkssportclub.org
        E-Mail Contact: Lsberry@...

        12/13/2014
        City / State: Vancouver, WA
        Event Name: Christmas at the Fort
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98082
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K & 10K - 2A
        streets east of downtown Vancouver through the beautiful South Cliff
        Neighborhood overlooking the Columbia River and returning to Fort
        Vancouver. The walk has an optional loop through the Fort where staff
        and volunteers reenact an 1800's Victorian Christmas. Entrance to the
        Fort costs $3 per person or $5 per family. Entrance is free for those
        with a pass that typically allows free access to National /Federal Park
        locations.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 10:00am - 1:00pm
        Location: Marshall Community Center, 1009 E McLoughlin Blvd,
        Vancouver WA
        Start Point / Driving Directions: I-5: Exit 1C (Mill Plain
        Blvd/WA-501) Northbound: RIGHT at E Mill Plain Blvd, LEFT at Fort
        Vancouver Way, Left at E McLoughlin Blvd. Southbound: LEFT at E Mill
        Plain Blvd, LEFT at Fort Vancouver Way, LEFT at E McLoughlin Blvd.
        Marshall Center is on the left side before the underpass.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Pets may not enter the Start/Finish building or the Fort,
        but are permitted on the route provided owners obey leash and cleanup laws.
        Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
        Contact: Heidi Schurr (360) 573-8999
        Website: www.VancouverUSAVolkssporters.org/HostedWalkingEvents.html
        E-Mail Contact: hschurr@...

        12/13/2014
        City / State: Spokane, WA
        Event Name: TIME in Spokane
        Event Type: Guided Walk
        Event ID: 100599
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 1A
        the newest park in Spokane, along the Centennial Trail through Kendal
        Yards and then through Spokane around the Lincoln Center before
        returning to the start finish through Riverfront Park.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Cities in Song, Honoring Our Flag, National
        Register of Historic Places, Trekking With the Trees, Walking the USA A
        - Z, You'll Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: 10:11 AM
        Location: Riverfront Park Runners' Sculpture, Post and Spokane Falls
        Blvd.
        Start Point / Driving Directions: I-90 Exit 281 (Division/US 395)
        North to Spokane Falls Blvd. Left on Spokane Falls Blvd to Post. Parking
        is in the Parking Structure for Riverfront Square (Entrance on Left).
        Registration will be across the street near the Runners' Sculpture)
        Awards & Fees: A Award
        Comments: Registration will occur from 9:30-10:00. Though rated 1-A
        winter weather in eastern Washington could change the trail surfaces and
        walking conditions. A limited number of the TIME patch will be
        available. (no reorder)
        Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
        Contact: Allan G. Heritrage (509) 465-2690
        Website: lilaccityvolks.com
        E-Mail Contact: agheritage@...

        12/13/2014
        City / State: Lakewood, WA
        Event Name: 10-11-12-13-14 Walk
        Event Type: Guided Walk
        Event ID: 101101
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 6 and 10 km - 1B
        Steilacoom Park and Western State Hospital. Circle a large lake and pass
        some Historic Buildings of 1850's Ft. Steilacoom
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Honoring Our Flag, Lakes and Reservoirs, National
        Register of Historic Places, Water Towers
        Start Times: 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
        Location: Ft. Steilacoom Park
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Ft. Steilacoom Park
        9200 Steilacoom Blvd SW
        Lakewood, WA 98498
        I-5 Exit 129 (S 72nd St.). SOUTHBOUND -- Get in right lane on off-ramp
        following S. 74th St. Westbound. Turn right onto S. 74th St, and follow
        for 2.1 miles. After crossing Lakewood Dr. S 74th becomes Custer Road W.
        Follow Custer 1.3 miles and merge to right lane.. Stay in right lane as
        it turns right onto 88th St W. After the first traffic signal, 88th
        becomes Steilacoom Blvd. SW. Follow Steilacoom Blvd, about a mile. At
        67th Ave SW/Elwood Dr. turn left and go 50 yards to park entrance on
        right. NORTHBOUND -- Get in left lane at end of off ramp and turn left
        onto S. 72nd St. After crossing I-5, S 72nd becomes S. 74th St. Continue
        with directions above.
        Awards & Fees: A Award
        Comments: Award must be pre-ordered @ $3. Credit only is $3 with
        free walkers welcome. Pets must be leashed at all times and follow
        clean-up rules. Restroom at start/finish and a fast food places along
        the trail.
        Host Club: Evergreen Wanderers
        Contact: Charles Repik (253) 582-7474
        Website: No Website Listed
        E-Mail Contact: crepik@...

        12/27/2014
        City / State: Longview, WA
        Event Name: Post-Christmas Walk
        Event Type: Night Walk
        Event ID: 98439
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 km - 1A
        hard packed gravel around Lake Sacajawea. The walk will go into the Old
        West Side neighborhood and areas around the lake. The Christmas lights
        will still be visible in this post-Christmas event.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Finish by 9:00 p.m.
        Location: St Stephens Episcopal Church
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 1428 22d St, Longview, WA 98632,
        Take I-5 Exit 36 in WA toward Longview. Turn RIGHT at 4th traffic light
        on Louisiana St. Continue to 22d
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments: Hot beverages will be served at start/finish as well as
        hot soups.
        Host Club: Border Crossers
        Contact: Jan Veeder (360) 703-4702
        Website: longviewbordercrossers.org
        E-Mail Contact: janveeder@...

        12/31/2014
        City / State: Vancouver, WA
        Event Name: New Years Eve Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 100498
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5,10 and 15 km - 1A
        returning to the start /finish. The SE loop (rated 1A) will mainly be in
        Pacific Community Park. The NW loop (rated 1B) is through residential
        neighborhoods and one small forested park on a nature trail will one
        small hill to go up. The SW loop (rated 1A) is through neighborhoods of
        affluent homes on quiet streets.
        Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: 10 am to 1pm for 10 km, 10 am to 2 pm for 5 km
        Location: McMenamins East Vancouver
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 1900 NE 162nd Ave. suite B-107
        From I-205 take exit #27 (Camas/SR14 east) to exit #8 (SE 164th Ave.)
        LEFT on 164th for 3 miles (it becomes 162nd Ave) to NE 18th Street. LEFT
        on NE 18th then immediately right into shopping center. McMenamins is
        located on the far NE corner of the Shopping Center
        Awards & Fees: B Award
        Comments: Bottles of sparkling cidar and champagne will be given
        away randomily as door prizes.
        Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
        Contact: Dick Baker (360) 991-8806
        Website: www.VancouverUSAVolkssporters.org
        E-Mail Contact: dickbkr@...

        12/31/2014
        City / State: Seattle, WA
        Event Name: New Year's Eve Celebration Walk
        Event Type: Night Walk
        Event ID: 96493
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 2A
        waterfront with views of holiday decorations, downtown Seattle, and ship
        traffic. 5K goes through Admiral business district and residential area
        but not to waterfront. 5K is rated 1A. If walking with a pet, please do
        not bring into registration/start/finish area.
        Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Celebrating Golden Cinemas, Cities in Song,
        Honoring Our Flag, You'll Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: 4-7 p.m. finish by 10
        Location: St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church 3050 California Ave
        SW Seattle, WA
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 3050 California Avenue SW Seattle,
        WA. I-5 N'bound: Exit 163//S'bound: Exit 163A. Cross W Seattle Bridge.
        Exit onto Admiral Way and follow up and around to California Avenue SW
        (major intersection). Turn left with light and in 3/10 mile turn left
        into the parking lot for West Seattle High School, which is adjacent to
        the church/start point.
        Awards & Fees: A Award
        Comments: Flashlight recommended...Join us for hot soup after you
        finish walking...Award is an embroidered patch--actually a double one
        for both NY Eve and NY Day. NY Eve only is $9 and includes credit.
        (Uncut patch for both days' events is $17.) 30 patches only and no
        reorders. Credit only is $3; free walkers are welcome but must register
        on day of event... Pre-ordering and pre-registration are possible but
        not required. If interested in preregistration contact Dave Madsen at
        dmadsen@...
        Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
        Contact: Mike Nagan (206) 851-2101
        Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
        E-Mail Contact: m.nagan@...

        9-digit Zip: ____________

        Checks made payable to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        4430 S 263rd Street
        Kent WA 98032

        (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)