Upcoming Walks

    Message 1 of 73 , Nov 2, 2012
      11/10/2012
      City / State: Vancouver, WA
      Event Name: Veterans Day Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92925
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5 & 10 km - 1A
      paved trails. Loop A goes through the historic Post Cemetery & by the
      memorials & museum on the VA campus. Loop B follows the Veterans Day
      Parade route past historic Ft. Vancouver & Officers' Row.
      Amenities: Strollers: easy | Wheelchairs: medium | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: Bakeries Family Owned, Forts of the United States,
      Murals, Rainbow Color-Named Places
      Start Times: 9:00 am to Noon. Finish by 3 pm.
      Location: Vancouver Administration Medical Center, Building 11
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 1601 E. Fourth Plain Blvd.
      I-5 NORTHBOUND: Exit #1C & follow signs to Fourth Plain Blvd. RIGHT on
      Fourth Plain Blvd. to 1st traffic signal. RIGHT into VA Medical Center.
      Follow signs to Bldg. 11.
      I-5 SOUTHBOUND: Exit #1D to Fourth Plain Blvd. & turn LEFT. Continue as
      above.
      SR14 WESTBOUND: At intersection with I-5 take exit heading north &
      follow directions for I-5 Northbound.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments:
      Host Club: Vancouver USA Volkssporters
      Contact: Burt Paynter (360) 891-9411
      Website: www.vancouverusavolkssporters.org
      E-Mail Contact: walkeriii@...
      ======
      Join our Facebook Group
      http://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington

      Follow Me on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/walkoflife70

      AVA Centurion Challenge
      http://walking.about.com/od/avaprograms/p/Ava-Centurion-Achievement-Challenge.htm
      ======

      11/24/2012
      City / State: Edmonds, WA
      Event Name: Sound Steppers Turkey Trot
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93718
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5k and 10k - 2A
      Town of Woodway and back thru Edmonds downtown with old store fronts and
      small charming businesses.
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: hard | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 8:00 - 12:00
      Location: Edmonds United Methodist Church
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 828 Caspers St
      I-5 northbound exit 179 220th SW turn Left, I-5 southbound exit 179
      220th SW turn right. 220th SW to 9th Ave S turn right, turn left on
      Caspers, turn left into church parking lot.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Host Club: Sound Steppers Volkssport Club
      Contact: Neil Smith (206) 214-5274
      Website: www.soundsteppers.org
      E-Mail Contact: neil.smith@...

      12/1/2012
      City / State: Mercer Island, WA
      Event Name: Pioneer Park and Southern Viewpoints
      Event Type: Guided Walk
      Event ID: 95144
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10K - 2B
      Pioneer Park, neighborhoods and waterfront parks. This is a guided walk.
      Club members will be leading different paced groups.
      Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes | Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 9:00am finish by 12:00pm
      Location: QFC 8421 SE 68th St
      Start Point / Driving Directions: 8421 SE 68th St. I-90 Westbound.
      Ext 7 then left on to Island Crest Way. Continue 3 miles to SE 68th St.
      Right into the Parking Lot. Right just past Starbucks. Continue past the
      side of QFC. Left into the Parking area just past QFC. Look for our IVV
      Banner.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Please arrive and be signed in by 9:00am.
      Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
      Contact: S.Moats (425) 235-0528
      Website:
      www.interlakentrailblazers.org/mercer-island---pioneer-park-and-the-southern-view.html
      E-Mail Contact: atthepond3@...

      12/8/2012
      City / State: Olympia, WA
      Event Name: Capitol Holiday Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 92416
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 10 K w/ 5K option - 1A
      Capitol campus, around Capitol Lake to West Bay Park, downtown Olympia,
      and return by way of Capitol Campus. Lighted ship parade starts at 6:00.
      Suitable for strollers
      Amenities: Strollers: medium | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 3:00PM - 6:00PM
      Location: 2012 Holiday Walk. The start is at United Churches, 110
      Eleventh Ave SE, Olympia. Join us for some good cheer at our traditional
      Holiday Walk.
      Start Point / Driving Directions: United Churches
      110 Eleventh Ave SE
      Olympia, WA
      I-5 (Northbound exit 105. Follow State Capitol signs. At roundabout turn
      right. Turn left at 11th St (second stoplight). At Washington St. (next
      stoplight) turn left and then again left into state parking lot..
      Parking is free. To start point - exit parking lot and turn right on
      Washington St. Cross 11th and continue to rear entrance of church.
      Additional parking is on Washington, just pass church.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Flashlight strongtly recommended. Water and restroom at
      start finish and checkpoint. Coffee and cookeis at checkpoint and
      finish. Pets are permitted but not in buildings. Event pin is $3.50,
      patch is $3.00.
      Washington State Challenges: Thurston County, All Clubs, Bakery, State Park
      Host Club: Capitol Volkssport Club
      Contact: Susan Berry (360) 491-7266
      Website: www.capitolvolkssportclub.org
      E-Mail Contact: lsberry@...

      12/15/2012
      City / State: Spokane, WA
      Event Name: Annual Christmas Lights Walk
      Event Type: Walk
      Event ID: 93102
      Distance - Trail Ratings: 5K/10K - 1A
      neighborhoods enjoying the Christmas lights and decorations. Bring a
      flashllight and traction devices for your feet and be prepared for
      winter conditions in the Inland Northwest. Though this walk is rated 1A
      weather could increase the rating.
      Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
      Restrooms: Yes
      Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
      Start Times: 5:00-6:30 pm
      Location: Friends Church, 1612 W. Dalke Ave., Spokane, WA 99205
      Start Point / Driving Directions: From I-90 Eastbound take Exit 280
      (Maple Street Bridge) to Walnut Street. Turn Left on one-way grid and
      follow north to Dalke Avenue. Turn Left on Dalke and Frients Church is
      on your right. I-90 Westbound Take Exit 280 and turn right on Walnut
      Street and follow directions as above. NOTE: if you reach Francis you
      are one block too far. Turn left to Ash (1 Block) and left to Friends
      Church on your left.
      Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
      Comments: Enjoy homemade soups and breads before and/or after
      participating in the event. ESVA Challenges Towns/PO.
      Host Club: Lilac City Volkssport Assn.
      Contact: Susan Keehnen (509) 326-3575
      Website: lilaccityvolks.com
      E-Mail Contact: suekeehnen73@...

      ===================
      How to Find Washington Walking Events and Clubs
      http://walking.about.com/od/eventswalks/a/washingtonwalks.htm

      ===================

      Subscribe to The Northwest Pathfinder
      Full event information for Washington and Oregon events, bimonthly - 6
      issues a year.
      The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING FORM
      $12.00 USA / $15.00 Foreign Mail ~ in US Dollars
      Allow up to EIGHT WEEKS for FIRST ISSUE

      PLEASE PUT ME ON The Northwest Pathfinder MAILING LIST:

      Name: ___________________________________________________________

      Address: _______________________________________________________

      City:_______________________ State: _________ Country: _________

      9-digit Zip: ____________

      Make check/money order payable to Northwest Pathfinder and mail to:

      Northwest Pathfinder
      PO Box 3332
      Albany, OR 97321

      (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)
      Message 73 of 73 , Mar 20
        Walk the World with Walking Adventures International!
        Offering walking tours on all 7 continents.
        Join us for a journey through Eastern Europe on the Danube River Cruise.
        Featuring walks and activities in Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia,
        Hungary, Slovakia , and Austria.
        Walking Adventures International
        http://www.walkingadventures.com
        Contact us at 800.779.0353 or
        fun@...
        ==
        3/28/2015
        City / State: Samammish, WA
        Event Name: Exploring Sammamish Plateau
        Event Type: Guided Walk
        Event ID: 101476
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 6K/10K - 2B
        Amenities: Strollers: NO | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: No | Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: This event doesn't have any special Programs assigned.
        Start Times: Register by 9:15am to start group walk at 9:30am
        Location: Beaver Lake Park
        Start Point / Driving Directions: 2526 244th Ave SE, Sammamish, WA
        From Issaquah / I-90 Take exit #15.Turn left and go over the freeway
        onto the Renton/Issaquah Road, which becomes SE 56th Street.Follow to E
        Lake Sammamish Pkwy.At the signal, turn left onto E. Lake Sammamish
        Pkwy. Continue one mile. Right to SE 43rd Way, which becomes SE 228th Ave.
        Continue about 1.5 miles to SE 24th Street.Turn right at intersection of
        SE 24th and continue following signs to Beaver Lake Park.
        Awards & Fees: IVV Credit Only
        Comments:
        Host Club: Interlaken Trailblazers Volkssport Club
        Contact: Don Whitt (425) 968-2342
        Website: www.interlakentrailblazers.org
        E-Mail Contact: whittdj@...

        ===
        WalkWashington Facebook Page
        https://www.facebook.com/WalkWashington
        ==

        4/4/2015
        City / State: Federal Way, WA
        Event Name: Annual Easter Walk
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98943
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1B
        the 500-acre park-like Weyerhaeuser International Headquarters campus,
        into the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden and through the Pacific
        Rim Bonsai Collection.
        Amenities: Strollers: hard | Wheelchairs: NO | Pets: Yes |
        Restrooms: Yes
        Special Programs: Honoring Our Flag, Lakes and Reservoirs, Trekking
        With the Trees
        Start Times: 9 am - 12 noon, finish by 3
        Location: Weyerhaeuser Headquarters, Federal Way, WA
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters.
        I-5: Exit #142A. NORTHBOUND RIGHT/SOUTHBOUND LEFT on SR18E toward
        Auburn. Take Weyerhaeuser Way S (first exit to RIGHT). LEFT on
        Weyerhaeuser Way S through roundabout to Weyerhaeuser Road (first LEFT
        toward Weyerhaeuser Corporate Headquarters). RIGHT into Visitor Parking
        Lot. Follow signs to start point.
        Awards & Fees: A Award
        Comments: Water and restrooms near start/finish. Pets permitted, but
        NOT in building(s) OR in the Botanical and Bonsai Gardens. A
        multi-colored, 100% embroidered patch of the entrance to the
        Weyerhaeuser Headquarters Building designed by Dorman Batson is $9.00.
        30 AVAILABLE. NO REORDERS. Credit only is $3.00. Free participants are
        welcome, but all must register, carry, and return a start card. If you
        wish to pre-register for the award, you may do so by making check
        payable and mailing to: Emerald City Wanderers, c/o Dave Madsen, 1112 NW
        61st St., Seattle, WA 98107. Envelopes should be postmarked no later
        than March 30th
        Host Club: Emerald City Wanderers
        Contact: Preston Johnson (253) 839-1892
        Website: www.walkingwithecw.org
        E-Mail Contact: eldercounselor@...

        4/11/2015
        City / State: Burlington, WA
        Event Name: Skagit Valley At Tulip Time
        Event Type: Walk
        Event ID: 98874
        Distance - Trail Ratings: 5/10K - 1A
        original downtown area of Burlington. The 10K checkpoint is at the
        restored train station. Burlington is approximately 5 miles from the
        tulip fields and display gardens.
        Amenities: Strollers: | Wheelchairs: | Pets: | Restrooms:
        Special Programs: Amphitheatres, Animal Safari, Food For Thought,
        Fraternal Organization, Honoring Our Flag, National Register of Historic
        Places, Trekking With the Trees, Volcanoes, You'll Never Walk Alone
        Start Times: 8 am - 11 am. Finish by 2 pm.
        Location: Skagit River Park
        Start Point / Driving Directions: Skagit River Park, 1100 S. Skagit
        St., Burlington, WA 98233. DIRECTIONS: I-5 - From the south, take exit
        229, right at top of ramp. Cont. on Geo. Hopper Rd until it curves to
        the left and becomes Port Dr. Right at Pease Rd. and continue as it
        curves to the left and becomes S. Anacortes St. Right on E, Gilkey to S.
        Skagit St. Turn right into the Park. I-5 from the north: exit 229 and
        turn left at top of ramp. Continue as above.
        Awards & Fees: ZZ
        Comments: AVA: Walking USA A-Z, Food for Thought, Volcanos,
        Ampitheater, Animal Safari, National Register of Historic Places,
        Fraternal Organizations, Murals, Trekking with Trees, Never Walk Alone,
        Honoring our Flag. Washington Challenges: City Parks, Restaurants, Clubs
        and Skagit County, Womb to Tomb: Church.
        Host Club: NW Tulip Trekkers
        Contact: Joseph L Pepia (360) 899-5311
        Website: www.nwtrekkers.org
        E-Mail Contact: pepia46@...

        9-digit Zip: ____________

        Checks made payable to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        Send to: The Northwest Pathfinder
        4430 S 263rd Street
        Kent WA 98032

        (This form sent by the WalkWashington@yahoogroups.com email list)